Leon Boot installs - lemme see urs

Pabs

May 3, 2004
Basingstoke
ok guys

I am in need of inspiration, and hopefully someone to advise me on where i can get it made....

I am doing a new boot install. Now, this is NOTHING bling/full-on, a great example of something similar to what I am after is in Petes (ICEMAN)s missus' Leon.....

I want to have as much bootspace left as possible. For ICE, I will have 1 10" subwoofer and 1 physically small amplifier (something just enough to power the sub - nothing major just cheapish)

I wanted a stealthbox made by Auto Acoustics. However, after emailing them they state it definately WILL NOT fit into my car as I have the rear-strut brace fitted. (As in RobDons) I struggle to believe them as from the pics on their website it looks like it will fit - however they will not supply dimensions so I am a bit stuck.

Perhaps if someone on here has one they could let me know?

Other than that, can u post up ur pics of ur install (I am not really interested in boots FULL of ICE, just stealthy ones.
cheers all

jim4983

Aug 29, 2005
Kent
nice install. Is it possible to do something like that in my leon if i have two 12inch vibe subs in a box enclosure

jim

Pabs

May 3, 2004
Basingstoke
hmmmm i need a boot install i like that but would have to cover the sub holes and replace with my 10's.....

might pm the man in question ;)

Pabs

May 3, 2004
Basingstoke
any more people out there? Surely Pete isnt the only one with a stealthy install?

I have not got the ability or time to do it myself - i will have to go to one of those pro ICE installers and get them to do one based on my ideas. Not sure how much they will charge tho :(

Ju.

Oct 4, 2004
Bradford
2005_0328Image0027.jpg

What dimensions are you after for the stealthbox?

Ju.

Oct 4, 2004
Bradford
I'll nip out and take a look at the box now

Yeah its a 12" sub (infinity vq) , no room on the box to fit an amp though!!

Pabs

May 3, 2004
Basingstoke
6cm to the left - ie it should have plenty of space then!

Matey, u r a STAR. Think I might risk ordering one at some point - auto acoustics are obvioulsy talkin out their arses again!

By the way, what do u hold it onto the side of the car with - the supplied velcro or something a bit stronger? And I assume u dont use ur boot light anymore?

Ju.

Oct 4, 2004
Bradford
It's held in with the supplied velcro, but it fell over a few times and is now minus the perspex cover :doh: , but it's stayed put now for a few months

Sounds nice though, much better than the previous standard box I had.

I wired an "iceled tron" as a boot light cos as you say , the original one is covered!

Julian

Pabs

May 3, 2004
Basingstoke
hmmmm, it seems to me that its the best option for my car - however i dont like the price (although we do get 10% discount due to scn :) )
I shall have to have a think about it.. but thanks for ur help.

Pabs

May 3, 2004
Basingstoke
sh*te, didnt realise website prices were EX vat as well....

£150notes..... hmmm, wonder if i can find anything else out there...

Pabs

May 3, 2004
Basingstoke
scotty - thats my thoughts too - want to keep the spare really. Not sure why, i just do. I want my install to be very simple and OEM looking really.

Scotty_b

Leon Cupra 300R
Jun 3, 2004
Hertfordshire
A cross to RobDons and petes i would say, i want to show off my 18 inches!

Got no subs and amp tho!

Have been quted 1k for everything, subs amps and full stealth install

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise