Leon Boot installs - lemme see urs

Scotty_b

Leon Cupra 300R
Jun 3, 2004
Hertfordshire
That was LM Audio in herts, not a final quote just a rough guide what id bee looking at for a full custom stealth looking set up

I though it was a good price but maybe a bit much for what i want

Pabs

May 3, 2004
Basingstoke
theres me quibbling over a £150 sub box... lol
Personally i am keeping a sub purely to add whats missing from the standard speaker setup in the leon - i am not a bass junkie i just like to have a bit of umph occassionally.

From a £30 to a £300 subwoofer i cant tell the difference really (to warrant the extra dosh anyway) so i am happy with a cheapish sub and then a cheapish amp(and small) to go with it. I just dont want the cheap-looking install of a boom-box. Its almost like I am trying to create an install that Seat could have fitted as standard - nothing special just looking factory.

Pabs

May 3, 2004
Basingstoke
well, i have cleared out my current ICE (carPC and amp at least) and i still have 2x 10" subwoofers and two std boxes for them.
I will stick at least 1 of the subs into the freeads - possibly sell as a pair or seperately. Any money i get for them is a bonus. If I keep 1, then i use that for my new install - if i dont then i perhaps upgrade the sub slightly to something a little nicer, but NOTHING major.
The only issues at the moment I have are sub box and amp - i am gonna pick up a cheap SPLX or similar amp (i know they aint much cop but all they gotta do is power 1 sub) and sort out some form of stealthbox/install for the sub/amp to go in.

Biggest 2 problems i have are rear strut brace (not 100%sure if a stealthbox will fit but there is only 1 way to find out :( ) and i have a seat boot-tidy tray - this certainly wont fit if i get a stealthbox, so i will have to sell it.

adrian

thinking of selling my audiobahn subs and a big audiobahn amp how much do you think it is worth the amp is the best thing i have ever had runs full system
ABNA5100T_1.jpg

abb123q.jpg

adrian

amp

the amp is the best i have had it does everythink front back speakers plus all the 3 subs in the box the amp new cost £800 but i got it for £600

warren_cox

Back from the dead
I haven't got a picture to hand, but am about to invest in a stealthbox for my sub. Saw Nobbers install last week and it was much better.

Although I love the look of the fancy installs cant help but think it goes against the ethic of all the performace mods I've fitted. MDF in sheets isn't light particularly when you add subs, amp etc...

I have a 5 channel Alpine V12 amp, but when I tap the sub onto it there is a discernable drop off in the performance of the components. Also the sub sounds weak. I may use my 2 channel DSL amp from my old Lupo install to power the sub and tap it onto the back of the stealthbox.

Will I need to upgrade my power supply cables / fuses or add a capacitor reservoir to maximise the performance when running 2 amps? Sub is a 12" sealed box Alpine R type 2+2ohm.

warren_cox

Back from the dead
can't remember what AWG the cable is but its quite thick. I also have an autoleads junction splitter to split the amp supplies off.

Always use the thickest earthing cable I can following an 'episode' with a buzzing amp that I had in a Mk2 Golf. Never realised good earthing made such a difference!

warren_cox

Back from the dead
not a good pic as i just lobbed sub in - everything else is 'as is', as I'm no install genie. Sub is currently out as the box gets in the way in current box.

CD multichanger will end up in glovebox if at all (may leave it out in favour of iPod), and I can uses DVD's in head unit which gives me upto 600 tracks on one disc with mp3 encoding.

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise