Leon CD Changer

KarlB1

Nov 15, 2012
Aylesbury
Hi guys, i've used the search but can't seem to find anything specific to this

Basically i got my Leon Cupra TDI a few days ago and the previous owner thought he'd rip the cd changer out before selling, so i ordered one off ebay and it came today.

Went to fit it, but i can't figure out if it's faulty or not?

Plugged it into the loom like it should be, pressed the changer button on the headunit, the screen then says 'changer' then goes back to radio. It won't eject the cartridge when i press eject or anything.

Any ideas what i've done wrong?

Nov 27, 2006
www.cardomain.com
If it's not getting power, sounds very likely that the blue plug in the back of the radio has been taken/has fallen out.

Cut up an old credit/store card into a couple of 6-7mm strips and jam them firmly in the slots at the bottom of the radio - you should then be able to pull it out and see if it's still plugged in....

KarlB1

Nov 15, 2012
Aylesbury
I was hoping it would be that plug.
where abouts are the clips on this? are they either side of the headunit like most ones?

RICKY3

Jun 2, 2012
AYRSHIRE
They are along the bottom
ehy4u6y6.jpg

Sent from my iPhone

KarlB1

Nov 15, 2012
Aylesbury
Ah brilliant.
i swear i saw someone posted a pic on a similar thread and it had clips on the sides? am i trying to get to those clips through the holes youve shown?

KarlB1

Nov 15, 2012
Aylesbury
Tried cutting up a card but sadly it wasnt strong enough, ive ordered some removal keys off ebay so i'll try those when they come

Apr 25, 2019
I know this thread is old but did you manage to get it working ? I have exactly the same problem and cant sort it out .. the conection is fine both ends but cant seem to get power