LEON CR fluttering boost problem

sargey

Escaped mental patient
Aug 16, 2006
Weston-super-crapland
just checked my plug gap and only one was out only by a little ive made sure they are all set to 0.025 as that was what i was advised to set them to.

No difference to be fair so ill try the old tb cleaner when i can get some

sargey

Escaped mental patient
Aug 16, 2006
Weston-super-crapland
bought some air intake cleaner/carb cleaner spray. pretty good stuff tbh

high powered spray cleaned the TB up good and proper inside, loads of brown muck came out, took a few minutes to get it runnin clear. Didnt start up too well afterwards tho.

ill see how it runs on the way to the wifes, but up and down the dual carriageway it seemed ok, but i'll have to wait and see after a few days

not bad for 3 odd quid

Revo Kev

www.onlyrevo.com
Feb 24, 2003
www.onlyrevo.com
Should make all the difference... one of the most unchecked factors when it comes to running issues. The amount of times I've heard the words 'should have checked the plugs first!'.

Romeoisgraham

Mr Harris
Aug 14, 2007
On the run
public.fotki.com
I had this problam in my Fiat coupe turbo.............turbo went on the way home from work.

Was a new turbo job for me, im preety sure your problem wont amount to this as I had no end of indication that the turbo was on its way.

Diverter valve seems a good place to investigate.

The yellow bird

ive been having the same problem as you lot have and i took mine to mrc tuning today who sorted it turned out to be an ecu issue with ignition timing! if your having this problem it might be a good idea too get yourself up to them as they are very helpful.

No fluttering anymore nice and smooth mrctuning-01295277308

martziniuk

Octy driver
Oct 17, 2007
Driffield, good old yorkshire
ive been having the same problem as you lot have and i took mine to mrc tuning today who sorted it turned out to be an ecu issue with ignition timing! if your having this problem it might be a good idea too get yourself up to them as they are very helpful.

No fluttering anymore nice and smooth mrctuning-01295277308

I doubt its my prob as this remap has been used on many auq 1.8t engines with out a problem.
Glad yours is sorted though.

taylor1563

have the same problem on my icr seems to me from reading this post it could be a number of different things and that there is still no certain solution

mathewtaylor

Hi all,
I have a very similar with my non modded Seat Leon FR TDI 150, at first it was intermittent but now seems to happen a lot when applying full throttle in 4th, 5th & 6th gear.
I'm afraid my knowledge of car workings is non-existent but wondered if you think replacing the TIP should be the first thing I try? or does this not exist on a diesel?
Thanks for any advice,
Mat.

Last edited by a moderator:

Kogi

May 3, 2006
Check your MAF on VAG, if the output is not stable on diff RPMs, replace it ... You can also start with just disconnecting it (power cord)

Phillc

Love is....Yellow
Apr 23, 2007
Pershore, worcestershire
Well I have cured my problem, it was a blocked breather pipe and it might explain why it affects all types of cars modded and stock as the breathers are on both, although the modded cars might have added a catch tank, it might also be the reason for the different symptoms as the severity of the blockage will make a difference as to when the hesitation comes in , bad blockage low revs and low blockage at the higher revs, I found that the pipe from my catch tank going to the TIP was badly blocked by a piece of cloth??:shrug: removed it and what a difference hesitation totally gone, not saying it will be the reason for all of the problems posted but you all have the breathers and no one had mentioned them in all the posts, so got to be worth looking at, on the stock cars the mushroom thing on the right hand side of the engine is a sort of filter and will get blocked if it’s not changed, also the oily deposits build up in side of the pipes resulting in partial or full blockage.
If you look HERE you will see a guide on how to fit a catch tank but it shows roughly where the PCV breather pipes are so you can check them.

Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.