Dismiss Notice
Hi Guest, stickers are available from our online store.

Leon CR170 stage 2 question

Discussion in 'Leon Mk2 (2006-2012)' started by robjones1994, May 8, 2016.

1. robjones1994

robjones1994 Active Member

I'm looking at going stage 2 in the near future & i have a question relating to the parts i will need, im looking to upgrade the intercooler & air induction kit.

all im really finding is parts for 2.0 TFSI engines, not 2.0 TDI.. do the tfsi parts work exactly the same on the tdi? also, if anyone can recommend a good exhaust company i'd be grateful, a full dpf delete miltek system is pretty pricey!! :p

2. linfordfr

linfordfr nardo grey

May I ask why you want to waste money on induction and intercooler

3. Unit9

Uprated panel filter is fine, at the most if you want to waste money a s3 intercooler, but intercooler is only required for hybrid

4. Legojon

Legojon I only wanted a remap

I looked into going stage 2... but for the money (and its not cheap) all I'd likely get is 15bhp and 0 torque over stage 1. So I went for handling upgrades instead.

5. linfordfr

linfordfr nardo grey

that depends on where youre going and what there classing as "stages" i had a shitty "stage 1" map to be honest there wernt that much wrong with it, it made peak figures and did what it was supposed to.... Then i went somewhere where we spent 2days making a real 100% custom map made to what i was after. lots of logs were made aswell as lots of power runs.... difference is night and day

6. robjones1994

I was just looking at the 'recommended' hardware changes. That's why I asked the question as I was unsure about any of it this is the first car I've had mapped

7. linfordfr

linfordfr nardo grey

What you'll find is when places 'recommend' parts, they funnily enough also sell them aswell. Usually overpriced. So its a win win for them. Especially if they can convince you that you need this this and this

8. robjones1994

So the only thing I'll really need for stage 2 software is a full exhaust system.. I suppose a full DPF delete custom one can be made up for not that much.

9. Unit9

You can keep the excisting DPF unit with the insides removed

10. linfordfr

linfordfr nardo grey

Yeah like unit said you can just get youre dpf gutted. I did this at first but they sound shite due to the sharp bends in the pipe leading out of it so they still hinder flow slightly. Plus I only got it straight piped afterwords because my friends a mot tester so i dont have worries there