Leon Crash Test

Toros

I m lil bit disappoinment with that 4 stars. It seams the legs get more pressure when crashed than Altea. :confused:

Peugeot 407 - 5 stars
Citroen C6 - 5 stars
Citroën C4 - 5 stars
Altea - 5 stars
Fiat Croma - 5 stars
Toyota Yaris - 5 stars
Fiat Punto - 5 stars
Mazda 5 - 5 stars
BMW 1-Series - 5 stars
Ford Focus - 5 stars
New Mercedes-Benz A-Class - 5 stars
Opel/Vauxhall Astra - 5 stars
New Volkswagen Golf - 5 stars
Renault Mégane 2003 - 5 stars
Citroën C5 - 5 stars
Renault Laguna - 5 stars
Toyota Avensis - 5 stars
Volvo S40 2004 - 5 stars

regards,
TOROS

Last edited by a moderator:

alock

May 3, 2004
To get 5 stars, the car must comply with their labelling requirements as well as the crash test scores.

I remember a similar discussion (although I can't find a link now) about the new Octavia only scoring 4 stars. One of the comments was that it does not have the label on the side of the nearside dashboard (the bit you see when you open the passenger door) warning about the risk of an airbag and a child seat.

We are gradually becoming more like the Americans, everything must be labeled. Do you remember Top Gear reviewing the new Viper, it has a label warning that rear-seat passengers must wear seat belts and that the exhaust might get hot!

CupraR-Rog

Just Cruising...
Jul 19, 2003
West Somerset
Visit site
alock said:
We are gradually becoming more like the Americans, everything must be labeled. Do you remember Top Gear reviewing the new Viper, it has a label warning that rear-seat passengers must wear seat belts and that the exhaust might get hot!
Wasn't the irony that the car is only a 2 seater?
Wasn't there also a warning about the DVD screens possibly containing mercury, but the car doesn't have dvd screens??

Feb 8, 2004
uk
Visit site
bit poor really, not saying its not safe but with the focus and golf scoring 5 it is not helping sales figures I would imagine.

TimBarratt

Oct 6, 2004
Blandford
225 said:
bit poor really, not saying its not safe but with the focus and golf scoring 5 it is not helping sales figures I would imagine.

Yep that is really going to hurt sales, hopefully Seat can do something to improve the score otherwise people will just go else where. Safety is a big seller in this section of the market.

MarkE

Acceptable in the 80s
Jul 20, 2003
Lancaster
www.markeaston.org
andycupra said:
still amazes me that we stick the key in where we do.
i know someone who had a minore knock and her knee was really badly damaged due to the location on the key / lock.

I knew there was a reason why mine is HERE. I've been thinking it was just a bit of unnecessary design and getting annoyed because you can't have the key on a keyring without everything clattering off the dash all the time.

Respect to the Swedes.

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise