Leon cupra 1.8t smoking

jonathangosbee

Feb 9, 2012
oxfordshire, uk
Hi guys recently bought a leon cupra 180 auq engine, after driving it home the red oil light started flashing engine sounded like a bag of spanners, after reading on here ive replaced the oil strainer/pick up in the sump cured! but now shes smoking bad on idle when hot? on boost fine everyday driving fine? any ideas?

Last edited:

jonathangosbee

Feb 9, 2012
oxfordshire, uk
hi guys been playing abit today, only seems to really be heavy smoke once warm and i rev it hard. also evap ticks its head off, and theres a noise sometimes like an old fahioned kettle boiling but goes away after about 5-10 seconds? any help would be great as id like to sort asap

Last edited:

towcester vag

Oct 17, 2011
duston northants
poss turbo goosed
if the oil pressure failed the first thing that gets damaged is the turbo
if its piston rings it will smoke all the time
valve stem seals smoke at idle but more on overun

Ruben-cupra

Hi, I also have the auq engine in mine. It's done 102,000 miles. I've always been very meticulous with this engine as I've had problems with other cars. I replaced the rear chain tensioner gasket yesterday. When I finished the job I started it back up and it smoked like mad. I quickly turned it off and made sure everything was connected as it should. Which it was. Now I'm starting to think that the engine has a breathing problem and that I should replace all the breather pipes, I've googled it and some people say to replace the `Pcv' (positive crankcase ventilation) and surrounding pipework. What should I do? Any help would be great. thanks

jonathangosbee

Feb 9, 2012
oxfordshire, uk
Hi guys been along time since I've wrote on this finally got to the bottom of my smoking pulled turbo off and had immense play side to side and in and out, also hot side had a whopping crack in it, replaced and no more smoke! Thanks for eveyones advice

Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.