Leon Cupra FR (MK2) turbo problem - (turbo supercharge overboos)

niells

Sep 13, 2018
Hello everyone,

i am encountering a strange problem with my Cupra FR (2.0 TFSI 265HP): sometimes it starts "choking" (like i wouldn't release the clutch correctly) and when it does this afterwards the car simply works like it has no turbo. Sometimes it helps if i turn off the engine and start it again, but not always - sometimes it simply "recover" by itself.

Also the engine error is intermittent (appears and clears itself after a while).
This is the car diagnostic (attaching photo link):

engine_diagnostics.jpeg

I replaced the Diverter Valve (code = 06H 145 710 D) and the problem disappeared but only for 1 day). Now it does it all over again. However it seems to recover a lot faster then before.

Anyone had a similar problem? Any ideas on what it may cause this?

Cause i really don't know what else i should try. I'm writing here because i went in service with it and they left me the idea they don't know what to do either - the first attempt to repair they replaced the rubber supports pads for the engine case and told me the car is getting false air because those were used and it chokes the engine due to this - the air filter support is tight to the engine case - of course that after replacing those the car still did the same.

Thanks

Legojon

I only wanted a remap
Staff member
Jul 7, 2015
I change the N80 valve to get rid of P0441. But could also be the carbon canister. It didn't cause any running issues though. Maybe worth looking at the MAP sensor next?

niells

Sep 13, 2018
You need to do some live data logging whilst putting the car under load on the road.

Have they got the facility to do something like that?

Have a look at this logging guide for VCDS

https://www.goapr.com/support/datalogging.php

Hello, those errors appeared while i did something similar to a live data logging, i think it was VAG (some turbo tests, can't remember their name and not in a facility though), i had to ride the car in 3rd gear from 4000RPM and accelerate at full speed without changing gear.

Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.