Leon Cupra mk3 intercooler

Woodygo

Nov 1, 2018
Birmingham
hi I looking for a upgrade intercooler for Leon Cupra 65reg 280 I am stage 1 I have now got decat ready to fit and need a intercooler to go stage 2 any recommendations thanks steve

paddy6789

Staff member
Aug 31, 2016
Preston, Lancs
Progressive Parts have just become a forum sponsor and bring a wealth of knowledge and products to us all :)

@PP BennyC, @PP Gareth and @PP Mark - these guys should be able to help.

What are you running at the moment? I've personally used the Racingline intercooler previously on my 290 and it ran great.

@theoldboy has Revo upgraded intercooler.

Woodygo

Nov 1, 2018
Birmingham
Hi I have full vwracing r600 intake kit with elbow pipe muffler and stage1 ecu And stage2 DSG mapping done by Jason and mike at more bhp ltd Crewe

paddy6789

Staff member
Aug 31, 2016
Preston, Lancs
I think Racingline is the bigger of them all, but I've read and heard that Revo offers the best gains and performance (with their map) - a lot of people have Wagner and I've read only good about them.

I know Revo, Racingline and Wagner will be good for Stage 3 hybrid turbo. I can't see why Airtec wouldn't be suitable.

Deleted member 103408

I spoke with some guys where looking for Stage 2 (a while ago) and there comment was

The airtec is 'OK' but there are much better quality options for a slight increase in price (forge and wagner)

Forge - this however needs an additional £72 modification to fit the 280 so not sure about your car

And dont forget you will have to pay for fitting unless you are doing it yourself.

I am running the Revo one on there Stage 3 and very happy.

But you should also be talking to your tuning company to find out what suits there map best (and why) or if they have any views based on the loads of cars they have done before.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: Woodygo

Woodygo

Nov 1, 2018
Birmingham
I spoke with some guys where looking for Stage 2 (a while ago) and there comment was

The airtec is 'OK' but there are much better quality options for a slight increase in price (forge and wagner)

Forge - this however needs an additional £72 modification to fit the 280 so not sure about your car

And dont forget you will have to pay for fitting unless you are doing it yourself.

I am running the Revo one on there Stage 3 and very happy.

But you should also be talking to your tuning company to find out what suits there map best (and why) or if they have any views based on the loads of cars they have done before.
Hi mate I am after one that fits in with no messing around as going to fit it all my self and is it best to change the hard pipes too

Deleted member 103408

I am no expert but from what i was told if you want to extract the best and most reliable power then you need a good Intercooler and associated pipework. But I would reiterate that you should talk with the guy who is going to tune the car as they will have to map against what you have fitted and I would expect a quality tuner to be able to advise you (based on there experience).

Might be worth checking out this site https://forums.seatcupra.net/index.php?threads/mk-3-280-stage-3.445295/page-18#post-4844972 as they are setup to talk specifically about Stage 3 and there are a lot of guys on there with Hybrid turbos so might be worth checking that out.

What I can tell you is that @AndrewJB from memory went stage 2 with a APR map and no intercooler.

Reactions: Legojon

Deleted member 103408

@Woodygo one other thought why don't you go straight to stage three and miss out stage 2, That way you can check out the bits you want second hand and get better quality for less money.

Woodygo

Nov 1, 2018
Birmingham
@Woodygo one other thought why don't you go straight to stage three and miss out stage 2, That way you can check out the bits you want second hand and get better quality for less money.
Hi I was wondering if that would be a option I have the decat I need a good intercooler then I got look at what hybrid turbo I go for plus I don’t want to spend my money in the bank wife might see it lol my cash income will pay for mods lol

Deleted member 103408

Its what I did, straight from 1 - 3, All good with the decat but if you still own the car at MOT have you got a sports cat or another means of getting it through.

Woodygo

Nov 1, 2018
Birmingham
If anyone knows of a good intercooler going please let me no I have found a forge one at puma build £650 but no boost pipes airtec do one £595 or £845 with boost pipes

Deleted member 103408

Water pump leaks are a common issue on the EA888 Engine.