Leon cupra mode

CupraGeezer

May 11, 2018
Does no one else use the individual setting? Keep the comfy settings as our roads are terrible but keep the engine in Cupra for the better throttle response.
That's what I do too - engine, diff & steering in Cupra, dampers in Sport.

Haven't changed the aircon setting, no idea what that does (could only guess that it affects how quickly the system tries to match the set temperature).

silles

May 4, 2017
I heard the same. you get the full 2 bar boost with the cupra mode.

mine certainly pulls harder in the cupra mode and you get more pops n bangs.

steering certainly firms up. what about suspension?

I reckon the more pops n bang are due to more aggressive rev matching, more fuel is injected to match the rev on downshift, excess fuel explodes in the hot exhaust == bigger bang

S4BiT

Dec 8, 2018
I think the cars digital boost gauge shows absolute boost, so you have to subtract the atmospheric pressure.

motty225

Polestar 2
Sep 11, 2008
Ashby De-La Zouch
Boost won't change per mode as the maps don't change, there have been plenty of data logs done on the forum over the years which so bar the sound actuator nothing much more happens

CupraGeezer

May 11, 2018
Correct, the throttle map changes but (for a given throttle body opening) the boost, fuel and ignition maps don't so no increase in (full throttle) power.

Jordan Neill

Nov 25, 2018
Does no one else use the individual setting? Keep the comfy settings as our roads are terrible but keep the engine in Cupra for the better throttle response.
individual all the way. I actually prefer the sport throttle response. seems to have better lift off and less over rev on gear change. Just a little too sensitive at times cupra mode

silles

May 4, 2017
individual all the way. I actually prefer the sport throttle response. seems to have better lift off and less over rev on gear change. Just a little too sensitive at times cupra mode

same here, sport mode is perfect:
- good throttle response
- sound actuator adds a lit bit of grunt, but not as much as in Cupra, which is ridiculous
- farts more than Comfort :)

Reactions: Jordan Neill

Nora2004

Oct 15, 2017
Just to clarify, there is zero difference in boost or power developed between Comfort and Cupra mode, I've logged both, both identical!

In terms of the throttle feel, it simply changes the travel ratio to give the sharper feel, really how it should be permanently!

Reactions: Copra68

Head on Fire

Sep 4, 2007
Preston , Lancashire
What determines when Cupra mode is available from a cold start ? Is it engine temperature or oil temperature ? Anyone know actual values ?
I really think that if the car is in Cupra setting that it should automatically give full power once the req'd temperature is reached instead of having to reselect it !

Cheers Andy

Cupra290

STM400
Mar 8, 2016
United Kingdom
I heard the same. you get the full 2 bar boost with the cupra mode.

mine certainly pulls harder in the cupra mode and you get more pops n bangs.

steering certainly firms up. what about suspension?

Not true. The is38 turbo in these cars boost a maximum of 1.2 bars (in any mode). I know the digital gauge reads 2.0-2.2 but that also includes the atmospheric pressure (1.0 bar). I’ve replaced my turbo with a hybrid is38 that boosts 1.77 (2.77).

Reactions: Stephen Booth
SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise