leon cupra r brembos on ibiza

Tommyibizacupra

Dont tap it!, Whack it!
Sep 11, 2011
Essex
does anyone know if the ibiza cupra r and leon cupra r share the same calipers and brackets i know the ibiza use 305mm disc and leon use 323mm discs, isit the hubs that sit further out were the calipers bolt on or isit the brackets on the calipers that are bigger?

thanks Tom

mugge

Apr 25, 2012
as far as i know icr brembo has 4 pots and lcr has only 1 pot calipers

Sent from my GT-I9000 using Tapatalk

Willow86

Ahy up mate did u ever find out if they were the same caliper? I bought some leon cupra r caliper cheap and am sourcing some carrier at the moment, should be gettin back to me tomorrow, there is only a few wheels that take the caliper tho mate or u can space them, think u need 38 mm Clearance of the wheel for them to fit,

yellonvi-R

Sep 8, 2011
birmingham
Ibiza brembos are close and standard 16 inch stars only just fit with spacers. So the lcr ones are bigger and so are the discs so i just dont think you'll even get them over the caliper, will be interested to see pics of you trying to fit them though and if they do its all good....keep is informed!)

turboholic

CupraPower
Mar 4, 2010
Bristol/Bath/Frome
im not 100% sure they will fit but i will try my best. i havent heard of many people fitting lcr brembos to the ibiza so its all trial and error i suppose! if not then will look at different wheels

Willow86

I tried fitting mine on my ibiza but couldn't put my wheel over the caliper, I've been after some smaller carriers so I can run the 305 disks and my 16 inch wheels

turboholic

CupraPower
Mar 4, 2010
Bristol/Bath/Frome
fitted my lcr r brembos yesterday. all fitted fine. redrilled my discs and had 5.5mm taken off the carrier mounting face. all fits spot on but as you guys said.....the wheel doesn't fit :(

i know this sounds a bit insane but do you think grinding down the caliper a bit would be ok? if not im on the look out for some 17" wheels that look similar to standards

Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members