Leon Cupra R Oil Q's

indyr

May 2, 2011
Hi All,

I haven't been on here for ages and just wanted to ask fellow members expert advice with regards to the Seat Cupra R oil... (I couldn't find any good posts etc whilst searching)

As Halfrauds have a bank holiday offer on Castrol, it got me thinking about the oil used etc and I just wanted some advice on oil for the car (2011 Cupra R), and what's recommended during its 1st/2nd/3rd services as well as top-ups - if needed...

- What is the recommended oil type for the car?
- What is the preferred brand of oil for the VAG group cars, especially the hotter models?
- Is the oil on offer the wrong type, i am guessing it is needed to be Castrol Edge and not Magnatec?

I don't need to use oil as of yet as the car has only covered 1,400miles since December, but I thought I'd ask some questions etc for future use.

Thanks for your help as always - much appreciated:)

TimSawf

Jun 26, 2011
South Manchester
The recommended spec is VW 504 00 which for the branded names at Halfords is Castrol Edge and Mobil 1. Castrol Magnatec is the wrong oil. A lot on here also use Opie Oils.

v0id

Apr 21, 2009
Leeds
yeah as above - magnatec is the wrong oil

just a heads up - i find that opieoil's prices vary far too much depending on what discount offer they are running (cheeky marketing?). i was actually about to buy castrol edge but managed to find it for 30 quid on the popular auction site

chopperh

i use quantum which is used at most of the official vAG service centres. It comes in 504.00/507.00 5w 30 spec for around £35 for 5l. Apparantly it is castrol oil, and called long life iii. again available on a popular auction site!

steve