Leon Cupra R & Replacement - CD changer/Boot box tray FOR SALE!!!

J2W

Ive gone for the debadged look , but kept a few - just a 20VT badge and a R. Saw the boys from the net last year at Brandshatch. Love the look it looks great. Plus I have a fabia rear aero bade - looks very clean and shows the shape of the rear end off better. Good work.

vwbassett

Joined the Dark Side
Aug 13, 2007
Surrey
Thanks guys. Im still not sure on the whole smooth airbox idea but i think i will add some ducting straight to the box. Darren wheres yours routed too - the lower grille?

D.K

LCR 225
Oct 24, 2007
se london
No mate it wont go down that far as the intercooler is in the way, Mine sits just behind the head light.

vwbassett

Joined the Dark Side
Aug 13, 2007
Surrey
Today i had a go at repainting the rear calipers. It was a real messy job and took longer than i thought but it looks good although i may respray them at a later date. No before shot but they were bad - light pink and black where the paint had fallen off.
With the wheel off
calipers.jpg

With the wheel on - thought about keeping it at this ride height lol
calipers2.jpg

vwbassett

Joined the Dark Side
Aug 13, 2007
Surrey
After attending edition ive been thinking about some new wheels. What is everyones opinions.
Standard
IMGP1882a.jpg

Platinum BBS RCs Photoshop done kindly by Frody FR cheers
SilverLeonWheelChange.jpg

Or refurb the standard alloys as they always look good but the current standard silver doesnt really seperate them from the body.
Comments welcome
Adam

greggaR

a lovely car....:funk:

the photoshop is kinda bad, but the wheels would look good....i would keep it stock for now...it's gorgeus

M155 IBIZA

That's really nice - my dad's got a Leon and they go well

vwbassett

Joined the Dark Side
Aug 13, 2007
Surrey
Cheers for the comments

As the weather was good today - shocking! i had a crack at refurbing the tired looking brembos. I followed the dumies guide and thought id give it a go plus i had all the materials bar the lacquer which was only £4.

Heres how they looked before
IMGP1993a.jpg

Half way through sanded and masked up
IMGP1995a.jpg

Final results - really pleased, up close they arent perfect as they were in a right state with even some red paint missing so i touched that in with some hammerite thats a few shades lighter but once the wheels are on they look a hundred times better than before.
IMGP1998a.jpg

IMGP1996a.jpg

Been thinking about doing the centre console gloss black what do you all rekon?
Adam

Last edited:

vwbassett

Joined the Dark Side
Aug 13, 2007
Surrey
Going to look into doing the centre console as it will really suit the all black dash.

Due to the Aura headunit being in "SAFE" mode and not taking the original code, i couldnt face paying the dealers £40 odd quid to decode it when it doesnt accept most of my CD's. So instead i bought a new unit. Ive gone for the Pioneer DEH-600BT, after having 3 other Pioneer units i knew the quality would be good but this was the only one that came close to fitting in with the dash lights. Set me back £139.95 and only needed a facia FP-18-00 and PC5-52 amplified antenna. Piece of cake to fit and has the blue tooth microphone fitted where the centre console meets the lower trim. Heres how it looks
Day
IMGP2000a.jpg

Night
IMGP2012.jpg

I really like it and it makes the most of the standard speakers. Only slight disapointment is it sits slightly recessed comapared to the Aura unit. Also ditched the CD changer and bought the glove box compartment IM08686591UQ - its not masses of more space but helps.

Bought a new front splitter - easy to replace but scuffed it already DOH!

Seeing all the threads on the airbox ive bought a green panel filter - only needed to cut the outer rubber bobbles off with a stanley blade to fit.
IMGP2007a.jpg

Ive ordered some ducting off of CBS(www.carbuildersolutions.co.uk) only £9, also good for other bits and very quick delivery service as i use them a lot for my kit car build.

Made a hole in the airbox today didnt take more than 5mins with a dremmel to round the oval hole out. Once the ducting's here it will be straight in and glued to the box.
IMGP2005a.jpg

As it stands without the ducting it sounds great, really throaty and a bit burbly when you push it. The whoosh from the turbo/DV is also noticably louder. Although ive got to say im not sure if theres a performance gain, maybe i will when its ducted properly.
Adam

Last edited:

vwbassett

Joined the Dark Side
Aug 13, 2007
Surrey
LCR with refurb

Hi, really been taking my time with this project but with a week off inbetween jobs i left the car in the hands of Reuben at Tuningwerkes who sent them off to spit and polish. It took a bit longer than expected with spit and polish doing them the first time in the wrong colour but second time round the look awesome. Time for some pics!

a4.jpg

a3-2.jpg

The reason why the leons taking so long to do anything to
a1-2.jpg

rich RS

Ibiza 1.4 TSI ACT 150 FR
Aug 5, 2006
Driving some where!
Hi, really been taking my time with this project but with a week off inbetween jobs i left the car in the hands of Reuben at Tuningwerkes who sent them off to spit and polish. It took a bit longer than expected with spit and polish doing them the first time in the wrong colour but second time round the look awesome. Time for some pics!

a4.jpg

a3-2.jpg

The reason why the leons taking so long to do anything to
a1-2.jpg

Your wheels looking good, and an LC on the drive aswell along with an Orange Soapbox for FUN! :D

vwbassett

Joined the Dark Side
Aug 13, 2007
Surrey
Yeah Darren i know i wanted a set of sportecs or real BBS's but a refurb is oem and its such a wicked combo! i almost went black to be different but it just doest go aswell with all the dark grey trim.

Rich - Cheers gives me a ride for every occasion work, fast wet weather and track, well once its finished anyway nothing but trouble and a money pit at the moment :D also you left our the shopping trolley peugeot.

Last edited:

vwbassett

Joined the Dark Side
Aug 13, 2007
Surrey
cheers Rick i was doubtful a can of lacquer and some hard work would brighten them up but does the job great. Although im thinking about getting them powder coated yellow after seeing a 996 GT2 with yellow calipers and same body/wheel colour combo as mine.

Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.