Leon Cupra R & Replacement - CD changer/Boot box tray FOR SALE!!!

vwbassett

Joined the Dark Side
Aug 13, 2007
Surrey
With an unusual problem of a corroding front wiper arms and needing a change of blades i went for the full mk4 aero arms and blades. Came off very easy after a night soaking the arm nuts in plus gas (penetrating fluid).

I wasnt getting them as an aesthetic mod but they do look nice and modern.

Before
a1-5.jpg

After
a2-3.jpg

This completes the set with the fabia arm done last year. Once i fitted my boost gauge and pillar pod i got for christmas im ready for handling, braking and power mods

Thinking of;
Stage 1 map
Black TIP
Piper full or cat back system

front and rear mild arbs
eibach suspension kit
fresh oem bushes

DS2500 pads and new Brembo discs with standard fluid flush

vwbassett

Joined the Dark Side
Aug 13, 2007
Surrey
Had to splash the cash on the LCR this month with new tyres and front brakes setting me back about £700! I got to say I didn’t think 18’s were that expensive but then when your getting 4 it all adds up. I currently have Pirellis which are great in the dry but I find them terrible in the wet although I have only owned them the last 4,000 miles of there useable life. Looking at the big magazine tests F1’s win hands down with the Falken 452’s not even mentioned which put me off with a few negative comments on there performance. So ive gone for the F1’s and hoping they will live upto the expectations. Cheapest I found them was Camskill for £420 inc vat and del for 4 fitted by my good mate where I was trained as a tyre fitter whilst doing my motorsport engineering diploma.
F1ASYMMETRIC.jpg

As for brakes I’ve never felt like I needed better so ive opted for near standard replacements. I contacted Badger 5 – Bill who sorted me out with the EBC standard replacement discs and Ferodo Pads as I just couldn’t justify £240+vat for Brembo’s and just wanted something as good as or slightly better than stock which he told me this kit would be.
b-4.jpg

a-9.jpg

I'l let you know how i get on after a few miles.
Adam

Last edited:

vwbassett

Joined the Dark Side
Aug 13, 2007
Surrey
Minor aesthetic mod for the interior was fitted yesterday. Bought it off ebay like this
a1-7.jpg

3 holes drilled, only two bolted up and one sikaflexed in place because of the fitting tab and it was done. I also gave the pedal covers and rubbers a clean which i would not recommend, next time il will just be cleaninging them in place.
a2-5.jpg

An expensive bit of metal but i really do like it :)

vwbassett

Joined the Dark Side
Aug 13, 2007
Surrey
Cheers for the comments hopefully pads and tyres will be on this weekend after last weeks near 1,000m road trip

harty190486

POWER!!!
Dec 29, 2008
staffordshire
Minor aesthetic mod for the interior was fitted yesterday. Bought it off ebay like this
a1-7.jpg

3 holes drilled, only two bolted up and one sikaflexed in place because of the fitting tab and it was done. I also gave the pedal covers and rubbers a clean which i would not recommend, next time il will just be cleaninging them in place.
a2-5.jpg

An expensive bit of metal but i really do like it :)

Very nice clean looking motor mate, I have one of them footrests on mine good little mod and look the dogs mate also protect the plastic stop i getin scratched

vwbassett

Joined the Dark Side
Aug 13, 2007
Surrey
I thought it would look a bit tacky without the rubber bits poking through like on the pedals but doesnt at all. While i was fitting it realised i was missing the side trim clip that holds it in, no wonder why it was wobbly. Halfords sell a trim cover clip which holds it nice and tight so if anyone else has lost theres like me thats where to go as stealers couldnt locate the right one.

3LL1077

Mr Plumb
May 28, 2009
Peterborough
Looks nice mate love the refurbed wheels, they suit the colour of the car perfectly!

In regards to the aero wipers, you said Mk4's? Mk4 Ibiza wipers? Sorry im new to the forum lol

vwbassett

Joined the Dark Side
Aug 13, 2007
Surrey
Cheers for the comments

3LL1077 - yeah i love the wheels i think they are the only color for silver but a bit of a common mod but got to do what you like at the end of the day. As for the wipers they are same as the MK4 golf items that were fitted to later models.

vwbassett

Joined the Dark Side
Aug 13, 2007
Surrey
Nomad Pod and Autometre Gauge

After 6months spent gathering dust i had my nomad pillar and gauge out to get it fitting right and wired in. Following pabs guide its pretty easy to splice in to the brown and blue/grey wires of the dimmer switch loom. As for the pillar i had test fitted it a few times and with a screw then velcro i wasnt happy i wanted as oem as possible. I decided to cut one of the mounting brackets off the old pillar to attach to the original yellow plugs on the a pillar giving it that flush fit. I did this with by cutting the old one out with a stanley blade then fixing with sikaflex. The gauge is fitted in using half the bracket that fits behind and with insulation tape around the gauge itself to provide a snug fit so you cant see any white of the gauge. I was really happy with the fit untill that feeling was dampened when i turned the lights on. Its just a bit too mellow compared tp the dash. LED bulb next me thinks.
a1-9.jpg

a2-6.jpg

a3-4.jpg

a4-3.jpg

My suspension plans have been accelerated following a near immediate MOT advisory on top mounts and front bushes so im going to do the top mounts and bearings, full fixed spring and damper kit, fresh bushes and an arb set but only the front till i have the money for an exhaust.

vwbassett

Joined the Dark Side
Aug 13, 2007
Surrey
Forge Turbo Intake Pipe

This morning i picked up my new Forge TIP from Tuningwerkes, main reason i went forge is that THS are out of stock and i had to have black to keep up the OEM image of the car which includes the engine bay. I thought it would be a lot tougher than it is as its actualy very flexible less so than the original apart from the part that collapses as shown in the forge video.

Removal was simply just remove the damn one time use clips and remove. Some off the take offs are easier to remove once the turbo end are off.
TIPs.jpg

Refit didnt go so smoothly. Getting the tip to stay fully on and do the jubilee up whilst trying to keep it across the centre of the pipe are pretty difficult i kept finding it wanting to slip off but eventually got it clamped just right. The rest went in very easy with some fairly liquid smeared apart from where the tip meets the air box which needed two people to do up as it wanted to slip off.

Job done as just as it starts to rain - perfect timing
newbay.jpg

Next up Piper exhaust once it turns up.

vwbassett

Joined the Dark Side
Aug 13, 2007
Surrey
Hi, i havent had the boos gauge in long but im sure it now peaks higher, holds higher. On the road it feels like it has more eagerness and punch where it used to feel like it was tailing off at higher revs. Hopefully after the exhaust is fitted it will show good figures on the RR before the map and even better after.
Adam

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise