Leon Cupra R & Replacement - CD changer/Boot box tray FOR SALE!!!

vwbassett

Joined the Dark Side
Aug 13, 2007
Surrey
Cheers guys, EmDee i should be making it to more meets now the Leon tuning bug is back so give me a shout if your making the next one.

vwbassett

Joined the Dark Side
Aug 13, 2007
Surrey
On Sunday i joined other south east owners for the AMD Essex SEAT RR day. I had planned to run the car to see how those breathing mods were affecting performance (filter, ducting, tip and DV) but instead i booked my car in at AMD for a map after my holiday to make sure there were no reliability issues as i was going to be driving hundreds of miles. Hopefully il be impressed as i think it was a great deal with the 10% RR day discount.

Here are some shots of my car i took on the day;
DSC00276adj.jpg

DSC00289adj.jpg

Looks ripe for some spacers!

My piper cat back also arrived at tuningwerkes today which might make it on before the map.

vwbassett

Joined the Dark Side
Aug 13, 2007
Surrey
After lots of positive feedback for AMD Essex i finally decided to take the plunge and get a remap with them. It was quite a tense hour and a half as i sat in the fully loaded waiting room. In the back of my mind i was adamant something would be found wrong and cost a bomb to fix. Luckily the car ran perfectly producing 229bhp and lb/ft on the standard map with the following;

Forge 007p DV and green spring
Green Panel Filter and larger ducting to the headlight along with a few little holes on the coldside of the airbox
Forge Turbo Intake Pipe
Recently cleaned throttle body and injection cleaner flushed through with the tesco 99 ron jungle juice

03102009116a.jpg

After the map it made good figures too with 264bhp @ 5,059 down from 5,870 rpm and 302 lb/ft @ 3,539 down from 3,911 rpm. One little extra cost was the yellow dv spring as i was told the green may not be upto the job holding all that extra boost.

Scan0001.jpg

With that sounding good it was time to get out and see what those figures felt like on the road. First impressions were that its almost exactly the same when poodling around in traffic but once the road opens up and you push the go faster pedal its so much more crisp, responsive and really has some kick as the boost climbed up to psi figures in the low twenties. First gear is silly i just get wheel spin if i go for it which it never really showed before. Second and third are very punchy with some wheel spin but far more manageable. Everything above feels smoother and your quickly into licence loosing territory without the drama of the first 3 gears. I think the MPG has also improved when cruising which is difficult when you want to jump on the boost every second :)

Overall very pleased i got this done and the guys at AMD definitely lived up to what i had heard being very professional and helpful so thumbs up from me, I highly recommend them.

TimJK

Audi Techie
Jan 10, 2009
Norwich
www.eacruise.co.uk
Nice motor mate, looking almost identical to mine :D I fitted the nomad pod the other day and thought about fixing it how you have done, when i have some more time on my hand i will be doing so now! Mine is also booked in for remap soon so trying to get a few things such as filter in before hand :D

vwbassett

Joined the Dark Side
Aug 13, 2007
Surrey
Hi Tim and thanks, the map is great i'm going for another drive in a min. I think the main parts i had really will make a difference and recommend getting them first. Last engine mod, the piper cat back is ready to go on, not bothered if it doesnt increase the power i just hope it adds a nice note to go with the performance, then its the chassis mods the boat is crying out for!:p

TimJK

Audi Techie
Jan 10, 2009
Norwich
www.eacruise.co.uk
Well mines lowered so not a boat but I know what you mean! I need to get a filter and dump valve atleast before mapping. I sold both you see when short on cash. Buy had the forge split r and pipercross filter where as I want the 007 or baileys recirc and a green filter this time round.

Yours will sound awesome with the exhaust on!

vwbassett

Joined the Dark Side
Aug 13, 2007
Surrey
I definitely recommend the tip on top as its a fairly simple DIY mod and i think it added the most by incomparison to the other two and will maximise that map.

vwbassett

Joined the Dark Side
Aug 13, 2007
Surrey
Thanks Emdee, is a mystery about yours. I was very lucky with the cold september morning today which might have had a factor on heatsoak and maybe your engine isnt run it yet like mine at 67,000:)

Final update of the day - AMD stickered bay
amdengine.jpg

D.K

LCR 225
Oct 24, 2007
se london
Good figures Adam.
Give it a few days to adapt and it should get even better.
Glad your happy with it mate

vwbassett

Joined the Dark Side
Aug 13, 2007
Surrey
Cheers Darren. Foot down in the wet yesterday reminds me a need to fit my Goodyear tyres i bought months back. Might have to get the MNR down to the Southern meet one evening although there seems to be little problem after problem at the moment as the clutch designed for 250-300kg isnt agreeing with an extra 150kg-200kg and is slipping like mad at high revs just where you want it, inside of silencer also fell apart yesterday but i welded that back up quickly.

Emdee - you interested in a convoy from croydon to the southern meet if were both making it?

EmDee

Omnishambolic
Cheers Darren. Foot down in the wet yesterday reminds me a need to fit my Goodyear tyres i bought months back. Might have to get the MNR down to the Southern meet one evening although there seems to be little problem after problem at the moment as the clutch designed for 250-300kg isnt agreeing with an extra 150kg-200kg and is slipping like mad at high revs just where you want it, inside of silencer also fell apart yesterday but i welded that back up quickly.

Emdee - you interested in a convoy from croydon to the southern meet if were both making it?

I'm there dude!

Drop me a PM with your address or a meeting spot, I'll come to you and we can go from there - unless Wallington is on the way for you - which I doubt!

vwbassett

Joined the Dark Side
Aug 13, 2007
Surrey
I thought i better check over my piper exhaust and to see whats included incase i need extra clamps etc. Damn it was packed well! I havent fitted an exhaust for a few years now and forgot how massive they are taking up 2/3 of my floor, here are the pics.
IMGP3049a.jpg

IMGP3050a.jpg

IMGP3052a.jpg

Anyone know what material it is made from as id heard they might be mild steel, in that case would it be worth coating it to stop it rusting? If the weathers good the jacks will be coming out and hopefully it should be on before the southern seat meet (fingers crossed)
Adam

Last edited:

vwbassett

Joined the Dark Side
Aug 13, 2007
Surrey
Piper Exhaust

Today i decided to fit the Piper cat back. If theres any interest or if im bored i might add the hole process up in a how to.

air.jpg

It all went pretty well few rusty bolts but all came off ok but the most interesting thing was 2 out of the 3 mounts on the exhaust that mount it to the chassis were rusted and broken which might explain the rattling (see it at the bottom of the pic below).
compare.jpg

Whilst off i compared the two and weighed them with the piper about 10.5kg and the OEM one about 16.5kg.
After a lot of adjusting and one broken spring washer the exhaust was on perfectly without any knocking or air leaks.
exon2.jpg

exon.jpg

Really pleased with the fit and finish of the pipe, as for sound/performance il update shortly.
Adam

Last edited:

3LL1077

Mr Plumb
May 28, 2009
Peterborough
Fantastic looking pipe mate and interesting to know that it weights alot less than the OEM pipe. The tailpipe looks very good too :)

Would you be able to post any sound/video clips of the exhaust in action?

But yea looking good fella :)

Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.