leon cupra r stereo

adrian

hello have just bought a leon cupra r am thinking on doing a stereo install has any body got any pictures of there head units when they changed them reason been i dont want to spoil the look by changing the standard head unit unless it looks ok thanks

Pabs

May 3, 2004
Basingstoke
take a look at www.leoncupra.co.uk - my car website. I am sure in my install diary you can see pics of my new Pioneer hu which matches the dash colour nicely.
Lots of other units out there - Becker ones look quite good too.

Wrighty

Aug 21, 2005
Derbyshire
here's mine with a mexico pro in...

After.JPG

adrian

question

thanks for the pictures have another problem getting the power cable into the car from the battery i have to use really really thick cable do you know where the best place is i know you can run it along the bulk head and in the driverside but it then has to run passed the fuse box and relays which will give me problems with interferrance which i had i my mk4 golf any ideas please

Pabs

May 3, 2004
Basingstoke
run the cable along the passenger (nearside) of the car - the same side as the battery.

From the battery you will find a cable box that runs underneath the airbox and then back up to the window height before going through the bulkhead. At the bottom of this (before it bends up towards the windscreen) there is a grommet that comes out just underneath the glovebox in the passenger footwell. I used a wire coathanger extended to thread the cable through.

head over to www.icecavern.com and speak to the guys (esp pete) there - they know a lot about this stuff :)

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise