Leon Door Locking Mechanism - Seat Tech Help!

dubnut71

Oct 9, 2007
Hi Guys,

I followed this excellent link / guide here to stripping / removing the door cards to allow me to remove the door handles / wing mirror on my own Mk2 leon today. Usually I am not trusted to remove trim but being a bank holiday and no mechanic available (and it being my own car and not a customers) I went ahead anyway.

I also undid the lock mechanism from its housing just to give me a bit of wiggle room in the door void and have come across a problem on reassembly.

One click of the button on the key used to lock all doors and two click gave deadlock. Now the passenger door (the one I stripped) only locks on the second click. Is there a ETKA or diagram somewhere for this part? I need to check my alignment of cables etc. Plus does anyone actually have an idea what I have done wrong here? I am convinced there is no part fault and the cable run / lock mechanism is "out of synch" with the solenoid?

Hope this makes sense, any SEAT tech's or dealers would be very welcome to come to my aid, or indeed anyone who has intimate knowledge of the VAG lock system / fitting, my forearms are a bot spam like having routed around in the door void and I am kinda past thinking clearly too!!

Thanks in advance!!:)

Last edited:

dubnut71

Oct 9, 2007
Or failing that does anyone know where I can get ETKA for the door locking mech / handle for a 1P Leon?

Thanks again!:)

Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members