Leon features in the future?

Mk1Cortina1964

Mk1 Cortina 0-60 19.0secs
Feb 20, 2014
North Suffolk
Just checked the 36 features listed in the New Leon advertising brochure for the current SE model against the features in my other car - the 50 year old MK1 Cortina 1500 De Luxe.

How many of the 36 are present in the Cortina? - NOT ONE!

This made me wonder what 36 new features will be replacing the current 36 in a Leon built in 2064?

Any ideas? :shrug:

Last edited:

dieselface

Jul 1, 2010
Would like the blind spot recognition LED to appear on VAGs.

Expect more driverless systems.

Cylinder deactivation and braking/turbo energy recovery systems feeding a battery (i.e new F1) on the horizon.

I'm open minded to all of it - techs great :D

Fred99

Sep 21, 2013
Granada, Southern Spain
By 2064 it's a certainty that they will not have internal combustion engines (sorry, power units) using carbon fuel.

It is probably likely that they will all be driven by computer with no driver input apart from telling it where to go.

yellowcone87

Mar 9, 2014
Warwickshire
I always thought that the cubby at the centre bottom of the dash is just right for a mobile phone wireless charging pad... I can see that becoming a reality fairly soon.

JohnNW

I'm just waiting for the dynamic chassis control pack that the rest of Europe has :(

Mk1Cortina1964

Mk1 Cortina 0-60 19.0secs
Feb 20, 2014
North Suffolk
One day they will solve how to make wipers that clear the WHOLE of the front screen, and not leave the front seat passenger looking through raindrops or, even worse, the scum left when it has dried.
Have been in the new Qashqai as a passenger and it is even worse there unless the owner cleans the full screen manually every day! :shrug:

stevemc81

Oct 25, 2013
We'll all be using jet-packs by then, surely?

In the coming few years though I'd like to see heads-up displays with infra-red vision becoming standard so I feel like I'm a fighter pilot!

Oh and the suggestion about some kind of induction charging pad for your phone is a genius idea.