Leon fiberglass hood

RaviR50

Aug 15, 2012
Southampton
i havent but i imagine it would be very difficult to make fit right and i would be scared of closing it incase it were to crack

T108

Jul 2, 2008
its just a skin, hence the price

would be possible to fit if you drill out all the spot welds holding your existing bonnet slin to the supporting frame then bond the fiberglass skin back on, tricky but could look oem once painted if done right. stealth lightweight bonnet

Gulfstream

Jul 31, 2010
only reason Im interested in this is the weight. Didnt know fiberglass was too flamable for this use... ?

T108

Jul 2, 2008
fibreglass isn't famable itself, the resin used can be, but it doesn't tend to spontaneously combust with heat, needs a sustained naked flame to ignite so your engines probably allready on fire to make your fibre glad bonnet set fire

dgjdrummer

Part-timer
Nov 5, 2011
Wrexham, N. Wales
fibreglass isn't famable itself, the resin used can be, but it doesn't tend to spontaneously combust with heat, needs a sustained naked flame to ignite so your engines probably allready on fire to make your fibre glad bonnet set fire

Learned something new there :) I had heard it was flammable but then I suppose corvettes are/were made of fibreglass for a time so can't be THAT combustible!

Last edited:

ReDBull

Every day's a school day.
Nov 21, 2006
Lincoln
grahams81 has fitted the X-sport bonnet have a look in his RR. He was impressed with the quality, he's also fitted supercopa front arches.

Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.