Leon flip Key guide

cupradan

Original Shinto...
May 12, 2004
Huddersfield
I bought it in the first place because the OP's original post said to search for "VW VOLKSWAGEN GOLF MK4 BORA REMOTE FLIP KEY FOB" on eBay and that that was what he had used.

Its to replace an old worn normal key, I also have the normal spare without remote.

Aug 16, 2011
Huddersfield
yep, but the OP also put it in the mk1 Leon section & the mk2 wasn't mentioned! ;)

Anyway, just buy yourself the correct part number & it should program in using the manual method. Or if you've got vagcom just use that, you don't need the KSC to adapt new remote into the system. With keys the SKC is just used for transponder learning.

If you get stuck you're more than welcome to give me a shout. Keys are what i do for a living, well, part of it as well as remapping & servicing etc. All my equipment is genuine, no chinese ebay copies so it all works as it should with tech support & fully guaranteed

Aug 16, 2011
Huddersfield
in fact hang on, do you have a mk1 or mk2? for some reason i thought you had a mk2, but have seen yo have mk1 in your sig

if it's a mk1 then you need a 1j0959753ct (2 button) or you can try 1j0959753da (3 button) these have the boot release button but i've found they don't always work, so a bit of a gamble if you're just doing it yourself. Generally what i do is give customers the option, if they go for 3 button & it doesn't work i just do them a 2 button as i always have plenty of each in stock

Last edited:
Aug 16, 2011
Huddersfield
oops! :rolleyes: well ignore the 1K0959753G part number then as that won't work as it's for mk2 Leon. You need the either of the 2 part numbers I mentioned for mk1 in my previous post

sorry about the confusion, it's been a long day! lol

Aug 16, 2011
Huddersfield
yep, that's correct remote & very very cheap as they're normally at least double that. Wouldn't surprise me if it's a used remote PCB inside a new case. Especially going by the sellers username.

If it was me i'd email the seller to confirm that the back of the case has the part number etc printed on it. If it doesn't then it'll probably be a used PCB in a new case.

dgjdrummer

Part-timer
Nov 5, 2011
Wrexham, N. Wales
Just bought a new key fob from this guy here for the princely sum of £10.75 and ordered the blade from that guy a few people recommended previously :)

The fobs end tomorrow so would be a good time to upgrade to one of these for less than £20 ;)

Aug 16, 2011
Huddersfield
that's about the right price for a used remote. it does work out nice & cheap if you're butchering an old key to make a flip key as you don't have to mess about getting a new transponder programmed

dgjdrummer

Part-timer
Nov 5, 2011
Wrexham, N. Wales
Cool, as long as that one will be ok! So I just programme the new fob to my central locking and use the transponder out of my spare key?

I'm hoping the non-remote spare has one in so that I can use my current remote key as the spare...

Aug 16, 2011
Huddersfield
what year is your Leon? there's different part numbers depending what year it is. The remote part number changed in 2002 with facelift. The 1j0959753AG remote you've bought is for 2002-2005. The earler 1j0959753n remote carries into 2002 as well until facelift

1j0959753ct is what i usually use for 2002-05 but the AG usually works as well

oh & if your non remote starts your car then it will have a transponder in it

Last edited:

dgjdrummer

Part-timer
Nov 5, 2011
Wrexham, N. Wales
Mine's a 2004 so should be the right part number, I checked your post a few pages back just to be sure :)

And yes I just tried it and my non-remote spare will start the car, so I should just be able to crack that open and use the transponder from that?

Cheers for your help so far!

Aug 16, 2011
Huddersfield
yes you should be ok with the AG remote

As for your basic transponder key, when you open the case be very very careful with the transponder. Not sure if you've seen 1 yet but they're a little glass tube & can be broken quite easily

Aug 16, 2011
Huddersfield
you're welcome mate! here's what they look like, although a lot smaller lol!

$(KGrHqRHJFQE88fB,pYTBPU+)DU5dw~~60_12.JPG

Aug 16, 2011
Huddersfield
no probs, they usually come out of non remote keys quite easily. If it's a bit tight turn key upside down & tap it onto a worktop or just use a small flat blade screwdriver to pry it out

cupradan

Original Shinto...
May 12, 2004
Huddersfield
Reet, got he new remote fob, it's the right part number, and I still can't program it to my car!!

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise