Leon flip Key guide

Aug 16, 2011
Huddersfield
are you trying the manual version using 2 keys or are you using vagcom?

I've found the manual version doesn't always work. If you haven't got vagcom i can have a look at it for you seeing as we're both in hudds. I'm in upper cumberworth. I do get about in the van a fair bit but working at home most of the week so far. If you work normal 9-5hrs you can always pop up 1 eve or i can come to you

Craig

Aug 16, 2011
Huddersfield
I don't use VCDS to program mk1 Leon remotes, i use my key programmer as it's quicker than waiting for laptop to load up etc as it powers up as soon as it's plugged into obd port.

This has been copied from ross-tech wiki, it's for mk4 golf but will probably be same process

Channel 01: Remote Control Adaptation

[Select]
[35 - Cent. Locking]
[Adaptation - 10]
Channel 01
Read]

This will display the number of currently stored remotes in "Stored Value".
Enter your total number of keys up to a maximum of 4 (including any existing keys) in "New Value"

[Test]
Verify that the number in "Test Value" is correct.
[Save]
When the prompt asks if you are sure you want to save a value of x to Channel 00, click [Yes]

Press and hold (for at least one second) the UNLOCK button on the fob, at which time it will be learned.
If you're programming more than one fob press and hold the UNLOCK button on the second fob for one second, press and hold the UNLOCK button on the third fob for one second, etc.
You have a total of 15 seconds to do them all.

The car may give you some sort of acknowledgment as each key is learned (lights flash, horn beep, etc.)

cupradan

Original Shinto...
May 12, 2004
Huddersfield
Ben trying to code the remote this morning, my VAGCOM is getting no response from controller 35 despite working for all Engine etc and reading fault codes. Any ideas?

Aug 16, 2011
Huddersfield
try going into 46 comfort system. This is usually for the newer models though. With mk1 Leon & similar cars like mk4 Golf etc i don't use VCDS for key programming. I use my key programming machine as it's a lot quicker. It powers straight up from OBD instead of waiting for laptop to start up

If you still can't get it to work you can pop up to mine sometime & i'll program the remote. It doesn't even take 1 minute to do with key programmer so i'll do it for free if you come to mine

Aug 16, 2011
Huddersfield
ok yeh, that's fine mate. My number is 07900600548. Just give me a call/text the day you're thinking of coming. I'm in & out all day with work but usually home most evenings if you're at work during the day

super_electric

Ps3 Tag: nixonoioi
Aug 20, 2007
North Yorkshire
Have a problem with starting my car with the flip key, I purchased a shell flip key from eBay and transferred the internal from the old to the new shell using the original cut key and was under the impression everything was fine as it opens and locks the doors without any problem but when I put the key in the ignition and try switching the engine on it cuts out and the “electronic immobilizer” is flashing on the dash any insight to why this would be?

Thanks
Richard

Aug 16, 2011
Huddersfield
sounds to me like you haven't transferred the transponder & have just transferred the remote board. You need to remove the transponder from your original key & fit it inside the part of the remote where the blade it is fitted

this is what you're looking for

31rkLdukLwL._SL500_AA300_.jpg

Aug 16, 2011
Huddersfield
nope, totally wrong part number! this will only work for Golf & Passat from 1998-2000

If you read back through the last few pages you'll find i've put the correct part numbers for each model & year

stefduff

I think my key has died a death, can i buy the flip key with the buttons and circuit board internally and just program it to open my car/start it?

Aug 16, 2011
Huddersfield
no it won't start the car unless you either transfer your original transponder into the enw key or get the new transponder programmed by somebody with software/equipment

chichee

Mar 11, 2012
Broxbourne
Awesome guide and it worked a treat!

Replacement key from eBay - £36.99
Blade getting cut - £17.50 (based in North London)
Coding/programming the immobiliser - £36.00 (based in North London)
Remote coding - free (followed guide on YouTube)

Might not be the cheapest, but it is effective and all sorted within the space of a week.

Aug 27, 2012
Maidstone, Kent
Awesome guide and it worked a treat!

Replacement key from eBay - £36.99
Blade getting cut - £17.50 (based in North London)
Coding/programming the immobiliser - £36.00 (based in North London)
Remote coding - free (followed guide on YouTube)

Might not be the cheapest, but it is effective and all sorted within the space of a week.

That sounds damn expensive lol I done mine last week

Used but working flip key fob £13
Brand new shell/case £6
Got a key blade cut via service from eBay in Orpington £5
Paired remote free by methods explained on here
Transponder £5

With free programming using vcds and vag tacho

Total of £29 lol happy days :)

dgjdrummer

Part-timer
Nov 5, 2011
Wrexham, N. Wales
That does sound quite expensive.

Used remote fob £20 (ebay)
Key blade supplied and cut £7 (ebay)
programmed using this guide FREE
transponder swapped over FREE

Add on a few quid postage to the above and that's still about a 3rd of the price!

Aug 16, 2011
Huddersfield
expensive? you having a laugh? dealers are expensive at £180 When you consider how much genuine key programming equipment is & how much key cutting machines cost then £90 is cheap.

I've got about £5k worth of key cutting equipment & god knows how many thousands in programming equipment.

People that use cheap knock off equipment are taking a risk with their car & anybody elses they plug it into. If you screw something up, which does happen as i've had to fix people f' ups before then you can appreciate using genuine gear that's fully guaranteed & has telephone tech support.

I'm not saying it happens a lot, it doesn't, but there's still always that chance

Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.