1. Hi Guest. We've recently updated our forum rules. Please take some time to review them. You can read the new rules here
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Hi Guest, stickers are available from our online store.

Leon flip Key guide

Discussion in 'Mk1 Leon FAQ's (1M) 2000-2006' started by stevie steve, Mar 3, 2009.

1. actionman

1 of the microswitch solder points is probably loose, may fall off totally at some point

2. funkydan

funkydan Active Member

i giv it 3 days lol

3. Faisal

Faisal UK's 1st Liquid Yello LCR

dont say that :(

4. nathan_20vt

nathan_20vt Active Member

I've only got one key and fancy a flip key. Are people buying the new aftermarket keys or used genuine keys? Also would a 3 button work for undoing just the boot? Got a 2003 lc

5. @udi A3

I've sold a lot of both. Boot can be made to work but you'll need the extra bits if they are not installed

6. actionman

i've never used a genuine remote. 3D Group don't sell them, neither do Advanced keys. They all sell aftermarket keys which i first used about 2.5yrs ago & never had a problem with them or remotes that come from overseas.

Genuine VAG keys are a rip off & i don't see the point in paying more for something that does exactly the same job, looks the same & comes with same 12 months guarantee.

In 2.5 years i've used 2 genuine VAG remotes that were ordered through the dealer as they were pre-coded & i didn't have the equipment to do that at the time

7. nathan_20vt

I've just got the standard leon remote key only 1. Would this be ok http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/NEW-3-BUT...cessories_Safety_Security&hash=item232939fab7 or do you think it better getting a 2 button. Would a normal key cutters be able to cut the new blade or would it be better with an auto lock smith. The other problem I have is I don't the the SKC :( what options have I got to get the code? I'm in kings lynn norfolk.

8. actionman

that Ebay remote isn't compatible with your car. Your car uses same remote as a 2002-04 Golf. The 1 you've mentioned is for 1998-01.

I personally think you're better off getting just 1 person to supply the remote & do all the job. If you buy a remote from someone else then whoever programs it isn't going to give you any warranty on that remote. So if the remote goes faulty, they come to test it then they'll tell you to take it up with whoever you bought it from then charge you for coming out as the fault isn't theirs.

If you get 1 person to do the full job then you're fully covered. They'll be able to cut it, read the SKC & program it all at the same time

9. sponger

sponger Active Member

Wow, glad I persevered through the whole of this thread, Emmer Green is my local dealer, popping up there tomorrow to get my new keys transponder programmed, huge thanks for this info, expected all dealers to be astronomical prices!

Tried a branch of Timpsons today but they were far from helpful sadly, said that they would only do a key that they had supplied.

Will report back if my trip is successful....

10. @udi A3

A seat dealer coding two keys for 20quid?! WOW
    If they cant, im on the M4 on friday, feel free to get in touch.

Im being told the main dealers will soon not be allowed to work on customers own supplied parts.

11. actionman

i'm down near Reading at some point over the next few weeks. Do you need somebody to supply a key/remote as well?

i'm doing these for mk1 Leon & various other VAG

[​IMG]

#471 actionman, Nov 19, 2013
    Last edited: Nov 19, 2013
  12. @udi A3

Me too ;)

13. sponger

sponger Active Member

Cheers gents, will bear that in mind and get in touch if I get no joy.

Already have a blank 2 button remote/flip key complete with un-programmed transponder, just need to get it programmed, sadly the car didn't come with the tag with the SKC code on it :(

14. @udi A3

The above key would cost you 70quid cut and programmed when local, skc retrieval is not an issue.

15. actionman

doesn't matter. I can read the SKC from most VAG

16. nathan_20vt

I've found someone local to me who can program a key for me but I really want that bentley style key. Can't see any on ebay, how much for just a key, if that's possible

17. @udi A3

You have contacted me previously and i have given these prices to you, as has craig. I think you also contacted me on ebay.

they are available on ebay.

18. actionman

at least do it for the same price as me, seeing as though you wouldn't be doing keys if it wasn't for me & the fact i've given you god knows how much advice etc since you decided to start doing them after i did your A3 key.

Especially as you've decided to do it on the forums i was already on doing keys

19. @udi A3

What do you charge?

#479 @udi A3, Nov 19, 2013
    Last edited: Nov 19, 2013
  20. actionman

Don't take the piss! I've helped you loads & the thanks I get is you undercutting me then still phoning/texting for more help & advice every other week. I'm sick to death of people asking me for advice on setting up on there own just so they can be competition.

I don't mind competition. I get plenty of work. Have got equivalent of 2 A levels in Auto Locksmithing but I'm not helping anyone anymore just so they can undercut me to go for same jobs as me