Leon FR 1,8TSI remap

-antero-

Sep 22, 2017
Estonia
Been thinking to remap my 2014 Leon FR 1,8TSI. So I asked for price and end results from local well known tuning shop and they said that it is quite good engine for remapping and the end result should be around 190-192kw (they have achieved this with the same engine on Škodas). Price would be 420 EUR for engine and 120 EUR for DSG soft.
These are quite good numbers but my biggest consern is the DSG gearbox (7speed). Is it capable to handle these numbers? Also they added that stock readings for this engine is actually around 150kw not the stated 132kw..

What are your thoughts about this? I mean if they actually can to this, then wow, thumbs up but yeah that DSG really scares me little bit :)

p.eco

Jun 24, 2014
Ireland
Been thinking to remap my 2014 Leon FR 1,8TSI. So I asked for price and end results from local well known tuning shop and they said that it is quite good engine for remapping and the end result should be around 190-192kw (they have achieved this with the same engine on Škodas). Price would be 420 EUR for engine and 120 EUR for DSG soft.
These are quite good numbers but my biggest consern is the DSG gearbox (7speed). Is it capable to handle these numbers? Also they added that stock readings for this engine is actually around 150kw not the stated 132kw..

What are your thoughts about this? I mean if they actually can to this, then wow, thumbs up but yeah that DSG really scares me little bit :)
Cannot say much regarding DSG as i have manual, but I did a remap in my tsi recently and although the could map it to ridiculous 475nm for clutch life they put it down to safe 325nm with 229hp. It has completely transformed the car, very happy with these results. The stock torque on 1.8TSI is really low. (250nm).
9483874309e8ef5d415d272e2aae458b.jpg

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Reactions: SteveFR

-antero-

Sep 22, 2017
Estonia
Tnx to all, I will contact them again and ask their opinion also. I am certain that they know what they are doing but I'm still scared to blow something expensive on my car :D

czapel1988

Apr 19, 2016
and how are you doing the remap? I also have 1.8 tsi and dsg 7 and I would like to remap

Mr Mustard

Jan 24, 2015
South East
I would say don't do it. Our 2013 1.8tsi DSG (not tuned) had to have a replacement clutch pack fitted under extended warranty due to shuddering in second gear. A year on I can feel the same symptoms starting again in 3rd gear.

I'm not convinced these dry clutch boxes are up to the job long term with a standard 180, let alone a tuned one.

-antero-

Sep 22, 2017
Estonia
I would say don't do it. Our 2013 1.8tsi DSG (not tuned) had to have a replacement clutch pack fitted under extended warranty due to shuddering in second gear. A year on I can feel the same symptoms starting again in 3rd gear.

I'm not convinced these dry clutch boxes are up to the job long term with a standard 180, let alone a tuned one.

I have done little bit of research and almost everybody is against remap on DSG. Sooner or later it is going to blow and new one will cost a little fortune ~ about 4000 euros. Even if DSG could be capable to handle this kind of power I am not going to risk it :)

czapel1988

Apr 19, 2016
I also read, and doing a lot of doing 320 nm and nothing happens. besides, the only cost will be clutch and not the whole gerbox

I will, however, do it. 240 hp, 300-320 nm, the tuner is safe for the gearbox

Reactions: SteveFR
Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members