Leon fr 2.0 tfsi 6speed dsg fuel consumption

Matty92

Mar 18, 2018
Hello, I'm.new to this but just wondering why my fuel consumption in my 2.0 tfsi 6 speed dsg 200bhp leon fr mk2 is so bad on a long run the most mpg I've got was 27 mpg and that's driving like miss daisy and wondering if this is normal, just thought it shouldn't be that bad, I would appreciate with an opinion on this please
Thanks

Hawkers

Nov 7, 2015
Norwich, UK
I would say mid/high 30s is possible on a run. Service history of car, spark plugs changed, any other problems?

Fault scan of car, tyres inflated etc..

Brimfull

Nov 7, 2018
Wrexham
I usually get about 22-25 mpg around town and between 32 and 37 on a long run with a mix of a and b roads, driving in accordance with the speed limits.

I have a manual gearbox however

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

Matty92

Mar 18, 2018
It's had full service history from new from dealership due in 4000 miles and its had a gearbox oil and filter service the company that done it done a full diagnostic check on it and nothing came up ,I have put about 34 psi in tyres even though it should be lower, it has a slight exhaust leak in middle pipe after the CAT on the silencer but it's still has the same mpg when it wasn't so I don't know if that would be any different getting that repaired or replaced, there is also a ticking noise when car is stationary and at idle, about every 4 seconds there would be a noise that sounds like a woodpecker tapping on my engine it doesn't sound like tappets sticking, is this normal and could that be a cause of bad mpg?
Thanks

Brimfull

Nov 7, 2018
Wrexham
It's had full service history from new from dealership due in 4000 miles and its had a gearbox oil and filter service the company that done it done a full diagnostic check on it and nothing came up ,I have put about 34 psi in tyres even though it should be lower, it has a slight exhaust leak in middle pipe after the CAT on the silencer but it's still has the same mpg when it wasn't so I don't know if that would be any different getting that repaired or replaced, there is also a ticking noise when car is stationary and at idle, about every 4 seconds there would be a noise that sounds like a woodpecker tapping on my engine it doesn't sound like tappets sticking, is this normal and could that be a cause of bad mpg?
Thanks
Post a video of the engine running, this would be easier for people to offer suggestions.

The tfsi engine is known for sounding like a bag of spanner when at idle.

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.