Leon FR 2017 displays a lot of unrelated error messages

Pablo Cara

Sep 4, 2018
Hello all,

I've recently discovered this forum and I'm in search for some help.

I've had Seat Leon FR 2017 1.4 TSI for about a year now. Awesome car, great on fuel and a bit sporty when you need it to.

In November, I tried to drive my car as usual but it just won't start. It started displaying a lot of error messages (12 to be exact) which just didn't make any sense. The picture attached is from this occurrence.

Had my car towed to a dealership where they inspectioned it, "fixed" it and said the car had a loose cable somewhere but they assured me I wouldn't have any more issues.

A few days ago, 900 kms away from home, the exact same thing happened. Only 6 errors appeared this time though.

Had it towed to a close dealership again. They said they didn't find any issues and that they didn't experience this at all. As I'm here working, I had no choice but to take the car home with me. No problems yet.

Has anybody had this experience as well? I'm a bit afraid the car might fail on me again.

Thanks for reading and for your responses.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20180904-172918_Gallery.jpg
    Screenshot_20180904-172918_Gallery.jpg
    866.1 KB · Views: 117

Pew.

Mar 23, 2012
Scotland
Sounds like definite electrical gremlins in there to throw up messages with more or less all the electrical systems. Problem is it could take ages to find a single wire that's damaged, and garage labour is the biggest single cost. I'd even say I hope a large bit of the loom is damaged, easier to find it that way

Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members