Leon fr cr170 difference from stage 1 and 2 ?

leegriffiths

Feb 18, 2005
exeter
Ok I got the leon mapped with a revo stage 1, It made a bit of difference but I was never blown away compared to when I had my mk1 leon cupra r mapped or my ibiza cupra mapped.
I guess it's just down to expectations.
Any how I'm looking to upgrade the power further and would like to here what difference people have found between stage 1 and 2 and also does removing the dpf make that much more power to make it worth while....
Also what other things have people found made a big difference to upgrading the power and handling. I'm not interested in upgrading turbos ect, it is a family car after all
Thanks in advance :D

shnazzle

Glass-Half-Full Member
Sep 9, 2011
Northumberland
Ok I got the leon mapped with a revo stage 1, It made a bit of difference but I was never blown away compared to when I had my mk1 leon cupra r mapped or my ibiza cupra mapped.
I guess it's just down to expectations.
Any how I'm looking to upgrade the power further and would like to here what difference people have found between stage 1 and 2 and also does removing the dpf make that much more power to make it worth while....
Also what other things have people found made a big difference to upgrading the power and handling. I'm not interested in upgrading turbos ect, it is a family car after all
Thanks in advance :D

Not much diff I reckon. Depending on how stupid you go with the map. CAN get about 220 horses and 350ft/lb torque, but you'd look like a horizontal smoke stack.
Adds about 20 hp but the extra torque you will feel. But because it's such a narrow power band, you don't get it for long.

So yes, you will notice it. Then car will be punchier off the line and accelerate easier through the gears. Will it be earth shattering....no

leegriffiths

Feb 18, 2005
exeter
Is yours a stage 2 revo map? How much smoke do you find yours is producing?
Currently I find mine doesn't produce any which I was a little surprised on

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise