Leon FR ordered (+ factory build Qs)

Rich_L

Hi guys,

finally put my order in for a new MY08 Leon FR TDI last weekend [B)] This forum has been very useful while choosing my spec, I've gone for black magic (lots of washing needed but worth it), 18" alloys and the bluetooth pack. Managed to get well over £2k off list price after shopping around so well pleased.

I've been reading that the factory shuts down for a bit in August, is it shut for the whole month? Dealer says the order has already been accepted so what are my chances of getting it built before the factory closes?

thanks

chrisboyle999

MFD3 for sale, inbox me.
Nov 28, 2006
Geordieland
if its definitely a factory order, and the order has only just been accepted, i would guess the chance of it being built before the shutdown is extremely slim at best. sorry.

Rich_L

Managed to get it for £16500 otr with mats. Thought it was a very good price since the prices have just gone up and its a local dealership.

Rich_L

No trade in, selling my old car privately. Have you got any quotes yet Nick? I'd of thought you should be able to get that spec for around £16300.

NickP

Apr 23, 2003
Colchester, Essex
Visit site
I'm awaiting the seat dealer too come back to me, I went in on Saturday with my current car, and said I wanted the best possible price to change, was hoping for around the £5k mark....

However seeing the quotes you've managed to get I wonder if I'd be better off selling privately and shopping around?

Aug 20, 2005
stafford
Been to a couple of dealers today they say factory is only shut for 2 weeks now, not 4?? (lc charles in crewe), not seem to budge much on the list price for me, crap px offer too, where did you get the deal from??

AndyVTR

Mar 19, 2002
Nick, I'm tempted. White or Silver again...

Maybe in November when my insurance is up for renewal. Need xenons though.

Rich_L

Ordered mine at Nidd Vale Seat in Harrogate. When I was shopping around some dealers insisted they couldn't do much more than £1k off, one quoted me £17700.

Rich_L

Got a call from the dealers earlier. My FR is being built next week (build week 31) and should be ready for collection mid-September.[B)]

renegade_si

yes....Hi guys, I've got a Luna grey FR TDi being delivered by next weekend for £16250 from my local dealer....no bluetooth as I dont use the phone in the car..having said that I'd possibly think about it now I've read on here about the larger display!

Deleted member 12175

yes....Hi guys, I've got a Luna grey FR TDi being delivered by next weekend for £16250 from my local dealer....no bluetooth as I dont use the phone in the car..having said that I'd possibly think about it now I've read on here about the larger display!

That just a standard spec car with met paint?

Deleted member 12175

Thats good! Paid £16,700 with con pack and 18" wheels

renegade_si

with metallic? If so, then thats £550 difference for the wheels and convenience pack, £16250 + £550 = £16800 so surely you got a better deal? Either way, its good, right? :)

Deleted member 12175

Yeah Zenith Grey :D Yeah both great deals when the cars are supposed to be nearly £18k basic :D

Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.