1. Hi Guest. We've recently updated our forum rules. Please take some time to review them. You can read the new rules here
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Hi Guest, stickers are available from our online store.

Leon FR PD170 TDi Injector problem

Discussion in 'Leon Mk2' started by Aspo0407, May 11, 2010.

1. michaelgrant406

michaelgrant406 Active Member

Is this a common problem on CR 170?

#821 michaelgrant406, Nov 24, 2014
    Last edited: Nov 24, 2014
  2. LukeFR

No, only the PD engine.

3. lucidLeon

lucidLeon Active Member

Any problem with injectors or oil pump failure on 2.0 140HP??

Does it share the same engine with golf mk5 and passat b6??

4. JoeF

JoeF Active Member

I have a feeling I have the same problem as my car randomly died after changing a fuse and now it won't start. Jumped it once and it started fine and ran me home. Went out later and wouldn't start or jump, it did jump after about 10.mins but had about 3 revs then it died.

Today tried starting again and it turned over and started in the end then it died again and sounded really sluggish when I tried to give it some revs.

Quite ridiculous really as its only got 37k on the clock.

5. JoeF

JoeF Active Member

can anyone advise how i find out if my injectors are gone? seat are claiming there is no recalls on my car but i have exactly the same problems as most people outlined in this thread. Do i need someone with computer software to hook up to the car?

thanks

6. sean711

sean711 Active Member

Hi,

I own a 2008 Leon FR550. I've recently been having problems with it and was just wondering if any of you have had the same problems.

There are very strong exhaust fumes coming into the car through the vents, the engine really struggles to start and when it does start there is alot of blue smoke coming out through the exhaust. I originally thought this was perhaps bad diesel however I have been running the car on BP Ultimate Diesel for the past 4/5 weeks and there is no change.

I have made numerous enquires and I believe there is no DPF filter in the car and that it was taken out before i bought the car, so this also rules out a blocked DPF.

Has anyone had similar issues?

7. ikaragozlu

ikaragozlu Active Member

2008 leon fr 2.0 tdi 170 dpf
    BMN engine
    siemens Injector no problem
    warranty change
    23J6 recall
    03G130073M to 03G130073T

8. samcar98

samcar98 Active Member

hi guys, i have the same problem i think. when driving the car its been cutting out.. today i drove the car and the ABS warning light and a steering wheel light came up. Then the whole dash board went off and the indecators and stuff wouldnt work. i pulled over and turned off the car but the radio then stayed on?? i went home and left the car for 30 mins, when i came to start it, the car fired up then cut straight back out. fuses ok etc.. dont think im getting fuel to the rail, asif the engine control unit is cutting it out.. i thought the engine control unit might be faulty, but could it be an injector? currently the car is sat on my drive and wont start..

SOMEONE please HELPPPPP

9. n5erd

n5erd Speed Lover

Thanks for the info - helped guys

10. Daniel M

Daniel M Blackbelts & Chickenheads

Just so others are aware, mine is having its injectors changed next Tuesday, so you can still have this done if not already been sorted.

Strange one for me though as when I bought the car May 2013 I had an email off Seat UK telling me the injectors had been done. Spoke to them yesterday as I was checking for my brother so thought I would double check mine and to my surprise mine hasn't has them.

11. Mnb68

Mnb68 Active Member

my son has just bought an 07 plate pd170 with the affected engine code fsh 70k (mainly dealer) is there anyway to check if injectors have been changed or if they need to be . we live in northern ireland but he is at uni in mainland uk so i would worry about the safety issues associated with a failure .
    is the change listed in the service book ?

12. Veyron

Veyron Active Member

ive just bought a 56 plate pd170, bit worried now!

13. DiddlyDonker

DiddlyDonker Active Member

Just give SEAT UK a call and see if yours has been done or not. If it has, should be fine. If it hasn't, ask them to do it.

14. Mnb68

Mnb68 Active Member

Found out through dealer injectors had been changed times like this are when the dealer servicing proves the best choice even if you avoid their prices for the non routine items

15. GrahamFR

GrahamFR Now AMG Powered

Dont be brainwashed into thinking your dealer servicing means anything extra, so long as you get a qualified mechanic to service your car using OEM parts you maintain your warranty, its EU law since 2003 and any sales rep telling you different needs bitchslapping. Plus this is a VOSA issue so it makes even less difference that you've been robbed by your stealer for the last several years.

16. Veyron

Veyron Active Member

Thanks, bern conformed it was changed

17. Fawzia55

Fawzia55 Active Member

Hey just so you know nice just had the same problem. If you had to pay to change your injectors
    Your probably due a refund.
    They had a recall on fr's 170bhp in 2011
    For faulty fuel injectors. My car came to a halt, took it to my garage he said it's fuel injectors and that he remembers there being a recal
    Seat are doing this for free now.
    I'd try and claim back what you have paid.

18. Fawzia55

Fawzia55 Active Member

No way if it's a 2litre tdi 170 bhp an 56 onwards your covered

19. Fawzia55

Fawzia55 Active Member

Yes they had faulty injectors on 56playe onwards I've just had mine done free

20. Fawzia55

Fawzia55 Active Member

Hey guys anyone who has a seat Leon fr 2litre tdi 170bhp
    I recently had a breakdown car just cut out as i come off the motorway.
    Took it to my local garage. He said it's the fuel injectors.
    He is a lovely guy, told me that he can do it but he knows there was a recall on 56 plate onwards.
    Took it to seat. They said there was a recall in 2011 and that they will do them for free.
    So if anyone has the same problem. Ring 0500 22 22 22 and give them your reg it's that easy.

#840 Fawzia55, Jul 9, 2015
    Last edited: Jul 9, 2015