Leon FR ST 1.4 TSI ordered

Pablo

May 27, 2016
Antrim
Just wanted to say hi,

Just last week we ordered a new car to replace our Skoda Octavia diesel vrs estate. Looking forward to getting back to a petrol engine and the 1.4 seems as fast as what we are used too. Was thinking about the 1.8 (Cupra was never in budget ) but was really impressed with the 1.4 and the on paper mpg looks good.
Waiting out on a build week but we are expecting to have it August or September.

Options were apollo blue
Tech pack
Convenience pack
Full link
Panoramic sunroof ☀️

Any pics of a opollo blue st would be nice, I wanted alor but the wife wasn't impressed with it as a st!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:

Seatowl

Apr 19, 2016
The wait is killing me, it hopefully won't you

I want my 184 fr

Sent from my LG-D802 using Tapatalk

Pablo

May 27, 2016
Antrim
The wait is killing me, it hopefully won't you

I want my 184 fr

When is yours due? I want it early but kind of want a new number plate in September too!

Seatowl

Apr 19, 2016
When is yours due? I want it early but kind of want a new number plate in September too!

Well I ordered mid April, was told the end of July,

Had a phone call offering me a colour change, will now be the end of June.

dfriel2

Jun 1, 2016
Off to look at one of these today as the next family wagon. Looks a decent "warm" estate. Anything in particular that should be ordered?? Ours would need to be DSG. Also, can the main dealers finance get close to lease prices, any experience??

Portlanders

May 14, 2016
Only took 3 weeks to get ours in black, had additional full link which we didn't want so they didn't charge us and gave us the convenience plus pack for £100. This was the 1.4 tsi from snows in poole.
Had it for nearly 2 weeks now and loving it, although not really used the full link yet.

Pablo

May 27, 2016
Antrim
Off to look at one of these today as the next family wagon. Looks a decent "warm" estate. Anything in particular that should be ordered?? Ours would need to be DSG. Also, can the main dealers finance get close to lease prices, any experience??

We used the car wow website to get quote then got the local dealer to better it. Got the £500 deposit contribution but the offer should of changed for June, probably got better knowing my luck.
I don't think I would order without the tech pack and convenience pack but the sunroof was a bit extravagant!

FamilyGuy

Apr 1, 2015
Dealers always seem to default to PCP, if you're looking for contract hire they sometimes almost need a reminder to quote for it. I went for contract hire through the dealer as I was desperate to p/x my shagged out focus. Wasn't the cheapest compared to web-based companies but was pretty competitive, although online offers have dropped a fair bit in the last year.

Sent from my D5803 using Tapatalk

wati25

May 22, 2016
Just wanted to say hi,

Just last week we ordered a new car to replace our Skoda Octavia diesel vrs estate. Looking forward to getting back to a petrol engine and the 1.4 seems as fast as what we are used too. Was thinking about the 1.8 (Cupra was never in budget ) but was really impressed with the 1.4 and the on paper mpg looks good.
Waiting out on a build week but we are expecting to have it August or September.

Options were apollo blue
Tech pack
Convenience pack
Full link
Panoramic sunroof ☀️

Any pics of a opollo blue st would be nice, I wanted alor but the wife wasn't impressed with it as a st!

Hi Pablo,

Great choice and spec - v similar to the one I ordered 2 weeks ago (21/05/16). I too am jumping ship from my trusty Octy Estate!

I was quoted del of 7-10 weeks but was warned that August is factory shut down, so may end up waiting till Sep but hope not!

Pablo

May 27, 2016
Antrim
Hi Pablo,

Great choice and spec - v similar to the one I ordered 2 weeks ago (21/05/16). I too am jumping ship from my trusty Octy Estate!

I was quoted del of 7-10 weeks but was warned that August is factory shut down, so may end up waiting till Sep but hope not!

Looked at your post, very similar spec! We ordered on the 27th so they might get built in the same week.
Came across your post when I was searching for photos. I have been searching 'panoramic' 'apollo' and threads about the led lights to see how well they are thought of. The lights have hit and miss reviews but the Skoda doesn't have xenons so this should be an improvement for us.

weirdkerr

Nov 24, 2013
Morayshire
Looked at your post, very similar spec! We ordered on the 27th so they might get built in the same week.
Came across your post when I was searching for photos. I have been searching 'panoramic' 'apollo' and threads about the led lights to see how well they are thought of. The lights have hit and miss reviews but the Skoda doesn't have xenons so this should be an improvement for us.

Having had almost 6 months with my 1.4sc and I got mine just b4 xmas I can say the lights are the best ive had on a car and they really light up the road (though now that summer is here I don't get that much chance to use the car that much in the dark as this far north it doesn't get dark till after 10pm in the summer)

markm49uk

Oct 15, 2015
Hull,UK
I have the 1.4 in the Ibiza FR - it's a bloody great engine. Quicker in the Ibiza but still quick in the Leon. I'm at 2000 miles now and it's really freeing up- revving freely past 6K rpm.

Love it.

Pablo

May 27, 2016
Antrim
Having had almost 6 months with my 1.4sc and I got mine just b4 xmas I can say the lights are the best ive had on a car and they really light up the road (though now that summer is here I don't get that much chance to use the car that much in the dark as this far north it doesn't get dark till after 10pm in the summer)

Glad to hear about the lights, did you previously have xenons? It seems from what I have read people that haven't had xenons rate them but ones that have came from modern adaptive xenons not so much.

I have the 1.4 in the Ibiza FR - it's a bloody great engine. Quicker in the Ibiza but still quick in the Leon. I'm at 2000 miles now and it's really freeing up- revving freely past 6K rpm.

Love it.

I'm really looking forward to getting back to a petrol engine. Ours is so noisy! Never had any problems with the DPF but it stinks if you stop it mid clearance. Dont think I have I'll ever go back to diesel now.

markm49uk

Oct 15, 2015
Hull,UK
Glad to hear about the lights, did you previously have xenons? It seems from what I have read people that haven't had xenons rate them but ones that have came from modern adaptive xenons not so much.

I'm really looking forward to getting back to a petrol engine. Ours is so noisy! Never had any problems with the DPF but it stinks if you stop it mid clearance. Dont think I have I'll ever go back to diesel now.

I agree - after many years of diesels including a Merc A200 in my previous car it's bloody great to have a revving engine again. Wonderful.

andrewpain

Jul 5, 2014
Meppershall Beds.

Got panoramic sunroof in my ST and it's great - really allows loads of light in and brightens up the interior. In winter, when it's frosty, it can creak a bit while the car warms up but once you know it's not a surprise any more. Have an occasional rattle when the sunblind is rolled completely back, but if you roll it forward 10 cm it doesn't.
Had Xenons in my merc, and I think the LEDS aren't quite as good, although whiter, the throw doesn't seem quite as long. Might try adjusting them sometime, but not a big deal.
overall I'm delighted. Still....2 years in.

Pablo

May 27, 2016
Antrim
Got panoramic sunroof in my ST and it's great - really allows loads of light in and brightens up the interior. In winter, when it's frosty, it can creak a bit while the car warms up but once you know it's not a surprise any more. Have an occasional rattle when the sunblind is rolled completely back, but if you roll it forward 10 cm it doesn't.

Had Xenons in my merc, and I think the LEDS aren't quite as good, although whiter, the throw doesn't seem quite as long. Might try adjusting them sometime, but not a big deal.

overall I'm delighted. Still....2 years in.

Good to hear too. We haven't actually seen the panoramic sunroof just knew we wanted one! The dealer didn't have any in with one so all we have seen is the tiny brochure picture and a YouTube video. My daughter is looking forward to it too.

andrewpain

Jul 5, 2014
Meppershall Beds.
it's more noticable in the back anyway - my daughter insisted on having the sunblind rolled back when we first got it, and it doesn't move now, unless it's sunny and we leave the car with roof open a bit for the air.
Useful being able to open and close with the remote, too.
Hold the "unlock" button down and all windows and sunroof open, hold lock and they all close. Cool:)
is it worth £900? Not sure, but I spent it anyway. Glad I did....

wati25

May 22, 2016

Looking forward to having the panoramic sunroof - had it in my blue mk2 3 door megane - loved it and have missed it ever since I changed to the Octy. I'm also looking forward to the LED lights all round - got to be better than a 11 year old Octy!

Like other folk who have responded, I too can't wait to ditch the tractor engine for the petrol even though I do around 15k a year - staggered how quiet the 1.4 is :)

Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members