Leon FR TDI (Poor Headlights)

Ibiza23

seatenthusiast
Feb 24, 2007
Northern Ireland
The headlights in my leon fr are pretty awful, when driving at night with the dipped headlights the distance/strength of light is terrible, i have upgraded to a 50% brighter bulb but it still no good. Has anyone else had this problem, what can i do to fix/improve it cheaply?

alx_chung

Dark Lord of the Torque
Sep 11, 2006
In front of a PC....
The headlights in my leon fr are pretty awful, when driving at night with the dipped headlights the distance/strength of light is terrible, i have upgraded to a 50% brighter bulb but it still no good. Has anyone else had this problem, what can i do to fix/improve it cheaply?

Have you had the alignment of the lights checked out or have you tried adjusting the headlights using the controls at all?
Mines are the same as well at the moment after I had the car lowered and my HIDs taken off. Going to ask the garage to check the alignment during the car services later on this month.
Alex

alx_chung

Dark Lord of the Torque
Sep 11, 2006
In front of a PC....
Why did you remove your HIDs?!

Most bulbs are pretty pants tbh, you might wanna try Osram nightbreakers (+90%) or HIDs?

One of the ballasts was playing up so I had to send them back for replacements. I have Osram Nightbreakers on them at the moment and whilst they never will be as good as HIDs, its a a good start.
As soon as the HIDs come back and that the lights are re-aligned they are going back in.
Alex

Mar 30, 2008
Edinburgh
you can try hids4u or hidsdirect. i've got HIDs fitted on mine too. word of advice is don't go more than 6500K foe colour if you don't want unwanted attention from police. mine are 6000K and no probs yet (touch wood).
i'm considering getting factory xenons retro fitted to comply with regulations and give a slightly better light pattern, unless someone comes back with not MOT problems.

seremotors

Dave the Parts Manager
Mar 11, 2008
Belfast UK
www.seatcupra.net
One of the ballasts was playing up so I had to send them back for replacements. I have Osram Nightbreakers on them at the moment and whilst they never will be as good as HIDs, its a a good start.
As soon as the HIDs come back and that the lights are re-aligned they are going back in.
Alex

Interesting :think: I have already had one ballast failure and now Im getting flickering when I put main beam on. Reckon I will go back to Osram Nightbreakers as I have lost faith in the HID's :(