LEON FR Tech Specs: A pageant of technology and sportiness

ZBOYD

Looking up at the stars!
May 19, 2001
Cheshire
www.seatcupra.net
2006 SEAT LEON FR - Technical Specifications

• Powered by 147 kW (200 hp) 2.0 TFSI and 125 kW (170 hp) 2.0 TDI engines
• First SEAT to sport a DSG gearshift on a petrol model as well as shift paddles on the steering wheel
• Sportier design that stands out from the rest of the range plus extensive standard specification

Link To Original Article

Last edited:

jetsetjimbo

a.k.a James
Jun 12, 2005
J2 M5
I was hoping I'd be able to resist the new Cupra but it's looking increasingly unlikely now!

I don't know if the bank balance will take it! :cry:

Feel

Veedubya 'velle
Jun 12, 2003
Midlands
Hmmm, optional 18" wheels. I wonder if the "Cupra Unveiling" picture is a Cupra, or if it's the press car shown with the optional 18" on it...

Any prices anywhere?

ZBOYD

Looking up at the stars!
May 19, 2001
Cheshire
www.seatcupra.net
Prices and UK availability schedule are expected to be announced at the motorshow.

*for the Cupra that is. FR prices are already out there. But availability of the DSG flappy paddles for the FR, UK market will likely be announced at London.

Last edited:

Syphon

Site Owner
Staff member
Feb 28, 2002
South West
www.seatcupra.net
driveforward said:
What colour would do it for you? :whistle:

I'm digging the yellow.

Thought black would be my first choice after the R, but I think the bumper grills and the rear inset bit get lost on the new FR (and probably Cupra).

Just not sure I would live with the "HEY MY CAR IS YELLOW!!!" factor. Worried enough about where I parked the R when I had it.

Scott

NeilW

Platinum Member
Jul 6, 2004
Yorkshire!!!
"exceptional performance figures which better the marks set by the manual version. The sprint from 0 to 100 km/h is over in 7.2 seconds compared to the 7.3 seconds taken by the manual model."

0.1 seconds. wow. :rolleyes:

ZBOYD

Looking up at the stars!
May 19, 2001
Cheshire
www.seatcupra.net
NeilW said:
"exceptional performance figures which better the marks set by the manual version. The sprint from 0 to 100 km/h is over in 7.2 seconds compared to the 7.3 seconds taken by the manual model."

0.1 seconds. wow. :rolleyes:

Slight EDIT.

Almosty exactly the same figures as VW trumpeted for the Golf GTi

The Golf is claimed to be 7.2secs manual, and 6.9secs DSG.

tbh i don't really think they test these things that closely, because we've seen standard cars go slower and faster than their claimed 0 - 62.13mph ;)

Last edited:

NeilW

Platinum Member
Jul 6, 2004
Yorkshire!!!
I remember reading some tests of the DSG Golf GTi in autocar or some other rag and they couldn't get the DSG to go faster than the manual. Do we think the marketing men are trying to get people to pay extra for the DSG as it's faster???

ZBOYD

Looking up at the stars!
May 19, 2001
Cheshire
www.seatcupra.net
Wouldn't concern me so much, i want DSG, simply because its an auto, i want the ease of driving it, as most of my daily comute is sat in traffic on the clutch, gets quite annoying in the Cupra R.

I wouldn't want it because its 0.1secs quicker :p