Leon FR TSI 150 - Servicing Options

benni8

Jun 19, 2018
Manchester
Hi all,

I am after your opinions please;

My Leon FR TSI 1.4 150 - Is my first Leon, and my first from a main dealer.

I have 1 years manufacturers warranty and £750 MOT cover.

My MOT is 30th May, and the service says the following:

Inspection 13600 miles or 70 days

Oil change service in 3000 miles or 70 days.

I have a long trusted mechanic who used to work at a Honda main dealer who I trust. I go to him for all my car needs. My questions are:

1. Is there any advantage in taking it to SEAT for the MOT?
  2. Is there any advantage in taking it to SEAT for the £179 service when I can pay him £25 to change my OIL and Filter? (£52 for oil and filter from Opie)
  3. Apart from my Oil, Oil Filter and Air Filter - would you change anything else at 25k miles?
I know I sound like I am penny pinching - but my mechanic and his colleagues have all been employed at main dealers in the past. And the stories I get from them i.e. the reason they left - is effectively "make what money you can from the customer" - and I cant stand that.

So if I can get the same service from someone else - who saves me about 50% in doing so - am i wrong? or am I missing the bigger picture?

Legojon

I only wanted a remap
Staff member
Jul 7, 2015
No advantage whatsoever. An MOT is an MOT. No matter where you take it. Ok, some testers might be pickier than others. I do all my own servicing on the driveway. I use only quality oils and filters. Not whatever comes in that big oil drum (which I've also seen someone tip straight into the engine to save time).

Reactions: benni8

benni8

Jun 19, 2018
Manchester
No advantage whatsoever. An MOT is an MOT. No matter where you take it. Ok, some testers might be pickier than others. I do all my own servicing on the driveway. I use only quality oils and filters. Not whatever comes in that big oil drum (which I've also seen someone tip straight into the engine to save time).

Thanks Gents,

So apart from the Oil and Oil Filter..

Is there anything else you would change at 25k?

Curtly

Jun 5, 2015
Essex
Prices have gone up massively this year, look at the difference in cambelt prices. Can't even get a discount with a waterpump and cambelt combo for the petrol ffs.

ENGINE

DIRECT SHIFT GEARBOX (DSG) OIL CHANGE
£199

4WD TRANSMISSION HALDEX OIL CHANGE
£79

CAMBELT KIT (PETROL) WITH FREE FIVE YEAR WARRANTY
£399

CAMBELT KIT (DIESEL) WITH FREE FIVE YEAR WARRANTY
£409

WATER PUMP (WHEN REPLACED WITH A DEISEL CAMBELT KIT)
£179

WATER PUMP
£279

2018:
ENGINE
Spark plugs £69
Cambelt kit (petrol) with FREE five year warranty £329
Cambelt kit (diesel) with FREE five year warranty £399
Water pump (when replaced with a cambelt) £130
Water pump £230

Dr.Dash

Aug 30, 2015
Midlands
Is there anything else you would change at 25k?
Pollen filter perhaps. It's very easy, there's a pull down flap in the top of the glove box, remove old filter put new one in.

Like all these things you need to use a bit of force to pop them open/closed, the first time you think you'll break something, but it is very simple.

Sticklebricks

Jan 12, 2019
United Kingdom
Does anyone know the part numbers for genuine service parts on a petrol 1.4ecotsi 150? i.e, air filter, pollen filter, spark plugs, sump plug, oil filter, screenwash/antifreeze, brake fluid, timing belt kit & waterpump.

Last edited:

Norbert

Oct 16, 2018
We have another leon and just done 2years old first service and for £260 not bother to replace the air filter.
I did replace but for oil change for £260 when oil worth £35...

Reactions: Compo1
SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise