Leon FR wheel spacers

blackquat

Nov 30, 2014
I've had a good look round, but can't fully work out what I need.
I am fitting sportline 30/50 eibach springs next week. But the wheels really need spacing out.
I have the standard 17" wheels on the car.
I am thinking 10mm front and 15mm rear.
Can these be hubcentric? Does anyone know what the lip size is on the front and rear hubs?

Not sure what to get.

Never2old

Jul 5, 2014
North East
If you are keeping the 17" standard wheels on probably get away with 20mm spacers on back and 15mm on front need longer bolts as well

blackquat

Nov 30, 2014
Dare I go with 20mm? Scary lol
I might get some 15mm ones and try them on the back and see how they go. Then look at the front separate.

DamianPM

Mar 26, 2008
Newcastle/Durham
Visually I'd say 10mm front and 15mm rear will be best but if you want them as wide as possible then you should get away with 20mm on the rear.

Damian @ DPM Performance

blackquat

Nov 30, 2014
Cheers gents.
I fitted the suspension and spacers today. I actually put 8mm on the front thinking I would still have some hub to locate the wheel on.
Which is right I do. But there's a huge chamfer on the wheels so they don't touch. Is there a way of filling the chamfer on the standard wheels? I've looked at spigots, but they look to be more for aftermarket wheels.
Ho hum!

Shayz

May 31, 2012
Many people run 10mm on the front , I just got a set of 4 15mm spacers for £15 off of flee at
Wondering how 15mm up front will
Be
Some people say fine
Some people say not.....

Anyone running a 15mm all round set up? Any pics?

Will be putting them on the oem Iberia wheels on my cr170
Already lowered on hr springs with b8 sprint dampers

Jun 25, 2012
Gateshead
Iv been running 15mm upfront and 20mm on the rear without any problems, buy quality brand like H&R . The 20mm trak+ Bolt to the hub then you bolt the wheel to the spacer so no need for long bolts

Check my RR for pictures of before after shots etc

Shayz

May 31, 2012
Put them on, work fine
Not too sure on the look of I'm honest with the edges of the Tyres hanging out. Looks like there coming off and will be on fleebay

PaulW100

Apr 24, 2018
Put them on, work fine
Not too sure on the look of I'm honest with the edges of the Tyres hanging out. Looks like there coming off and will be on fleebay

Hi, so did you put the 10mm on the front, 15mm on the back on standard 17inch rims and the tyres stuck out of the bodywork? Both front and back?

blackquat

Nov 30, 2014
I have 15mm on the front and 20mm on the back on standard FR rims. Looks much nicer.

PaulW100

Apr 24, 2018
I have 15mm on the front and 20mm on the back on standard FR rims. Looks much nicer.
Are you able to share any pictures with us of the car as it is? I'm mulling over new (wider) wheels but really not sure weather to part with £1k when a decent look can be achieved with OEM wheels, which i don't mind, and quite like not having to pay a fortune for tyres.