Leon freeze screen

Dec 12, 2019
Hi, I bought Seat Leon DSG 2015 2.0 184 FR Diesel with 30k miles and I have a problem with my touch screen. Touch screen is not working most of the time, I'm not able to use seat drive profile, radio, sat nav etc but sometimes is working perfectly. Does anyone know how to fix this problem? Many thanks

Reactions: RustyBH

ml55

Oct 8, 2013
Is it mostly in the mornings? Had my 65 plate FR 2 months, and the touchscreen doesnt work every morning and sometimes after work. Figured out its pretty much when its below 10 degrees. Theres loads of people with similar issues with Golfs, Skodas and SEAT's. Suddenly kicks in to life after around 10 minutes when warmed up.

Other issues I have are;

The rear window heater knocks the DAB radio out
Slight judder when pulling off in first
Passenger seatbelt buckle vibrates and causes noise
Passenger doorcard rattles like a bitch

Norbert

Oct 16, 2018
Is it mostly in the mornings? Had my 65 plate FR 2 months, and the touchscreen doesnt work every morning and sometimes after work. Figured out its pretty much when its below 10 degrees. Theres loads of people with similar issues with Golfs, Skodas and SEAT's. Suddenly kicks in to life after around 10 minutes when warmed up.

Other issues I have are;

The rear window heater knocks the DAB radio out
Slight judder when pulling off in first
Passenger seatbelt buckle vibrates and causes noise
Passenger doorcard rattles like a bitch
Common problem with screen but seat dont want to replace. mine on fr was replaced few months later first cold start again.change radio channels and press the screen itself really funny.
Best manager advice was :Just buy a tomtom.
Thanks for well trained seat master mechanics!

Norbert

Oct 16, 2018
Common problem with screen but seat dont want to replace. mine on fr was replaced few months later first cold start again.change radio channels and press the screen itself really funny.
Best manager advice was :Just buy a tomtom.
Thanks for well trained seat master mechanics!
And they will tell you just software issue but no new software available but thats rubbish.

Wilkesy

May 1, 2018
think its just a cold morning thing, my spotify songs randomly pause/stutter for about half a second then plays normal from then on for the rest of the car usage

Norbert

Oct 16, 2018
think its just a cold morning thing, my spotify songs randomly pause/stutter for about half a second then plays normal from then on for the rest of the car usage
Yes yes and after totally unusable for every morning for 20mins...cant set the nav too.
Rubbish screen and seat know that well.

Peller

Mar 29, 2016
Edinburgh
It's a well known issue. My previous MK3's had it. I was lucky to get one replaced but unfortunately it's a gremlin with these units. As previously mentioned it's all VW group cars.

I now have a MK 3.5 and they have seen to have sorted it.

Norbert

Oct 16, 2018
Affects both Pre-FL and FL models of all MQB cars - had to reset of Seats, Skoda and Audi when infotainment frozen.
Freezing and broken screen different thing.when screen work itself reset dont help.we can argue on this but if seat replaced 110% was crap.they tried everything to avoid warranty job.Satnav frozen sorted sort of with software update.

black_sheep

Mar 10, 2013
Freezing and broken screen different thing.when screen work itself reset dont help.we can argue on this but if seat replaced 110% was crap.they tried everything to avoid warranty job.Satnav frozen sorted sort of with software update.
No argument from me, and I understand what the difference between a frozen and unserviceable screen is.

If the fault is intermittent as per the OP, a reboot or software fix usually resolves it. However, there are also plenty of owners that have had the infotainment screens replaced on pre-FL and FL cars as a consequence of a digitiser failure (touch screen component behind the glass/screen).

Reactions: Norbert

Norbert

Oct 16, 2018
No argument from me, and I understand what the difference between a frozen and unserviceable screen is.

If the fault is intermittent as per the OP, a reboot or software fix usually resolves it. However, there are also plenty of owners that have had the infotainment screens replaced on pre-FL and FL cars as a consequence of a digitiser failure (touch screen component behind the glass/screen).
My fr st freezes and screen issue too.new car 2 days ago show no map sd card fitted had to remove and after worked again.old software had same issue too before update.how the new car same rubbish with latest software.we have pre facelift no issue or freeze.

Soundlab

Sep 14, 2019
My 64-plate on colder days will randomly choose to change radio stations. Sometimes it changes to 1 and stays on it, other times it goes through a few before it settles on one. It's very odd. After it's "warmed up" and I change it back to the one I originally wanted - it's fine.

Mr Pig

Jun 17, 2015
I had my screen replaced under warranty which achieved bugger all. After that they didn't want to know, just fobbed me off.

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise