Leon FT TDI 150 Standard Power

Leon FR TDI 150 Standard Power

Hi Guys,

Just go back from a Rolling road day at Stealth..had a great day.

The day was organised by the Corrado Forum, but my Leon TDI was the first on the rollers.

My Leon is Standard engine wise.

Vince said pre run I should see 170 BHP from my TDI 150

However, this was the result

Max BHP 180.3 @ 4029RPM

Max Tarque 264.6 @ 2552 RPM

I'm very please with the result!!

Last edited:
142.0BHP at the wheels

Transmissions loss 39.0

Read in to it what you will....I've got the plots

and it was running on BP ultimate! Engine only done 16.7K

Barometric Pressure was 1003mb and 10-12 degs.

Cold day=ideal for power runs

Tim Sims

Full time LEGend
May 9, 2004
b o l l o c k s .... owned one, driven many and now way are they 180 as stock.... not a sniff mate. Sorry.

I believe your believe the plots so im not calling YOU a liar, its the RR and figures I KNOW are WRONG!

i got trounced by a Leon 150 Friday morning going to work. My 406 is a 110, so i know the 150 is quicker, but sorry, i don't believe 180 :no:

Guess the RR lottery told you some porkies :shrug:

If it were me, i'd get it done somewhere else to find out the real figure :)

Tim Sims said:
b o l l o c k s .... owned one, driven many and now way are they 180 as stock.... not a sniff mate. Sorry.

I believe your believe the plots so im not calling YOU a liar, its the RR and figures I KNOW are WRONG!

How rude are you, yes RR's are inaccurate, but so what, it can't be that far out

red line fun

May 24, 2004
Scotland
g60jet said:
How rude are you, yes RR's are inaccurate, but so what, it can't be that far out
it can if the calibration is way out. as with any machine / system ... only as good as its last calibration. i own the fr tdi and would love to think it's 180, but i know it ain't ... unfortunately ... although the new fr tdi might be a different proposition ... pity i don't like it :cry:

oi_nutter2000

New interior's in woohoo!
Feb 20, 2005
Ipswich
there can be a lot of variation tho - my ibiza as standard RR'd at 143bhp and a fab vrs was done straight after only came up at 132 - same engine spec - same RR, same day

24 other cars ran today, some had ran previously on other days and had little changes between events, and there figures were the same (winthin a few BHP etc). The only thing that i've done differently is run on that diesel ultimate from BP, Now i know there is no way that will give you 30BHP, however IF my FR is running very well out of the box then you add the fuel to it, ( if the marketing is to be believed) is 180 really off allowing for calibration etc.

I had two runs

BHP
Run one 180.3 @ 4029 RPM
Run Two 180.0 @ 3962 RPM

Torque lb/ft
Run One 264.3 @ 2519 RPM
Run Two 264.6 @ 2552 RPM

The_one

Mar 18, 2006
England
Glad your happy going round thinking you have 180bhp.

Can you tell me where this RR is please.

I fancy getting higher figures for my car :cry:

Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.