leon gone sick

rayhpool

engine management light came on three weeks ago took to dealers usual story dpf ,they told me i was driving it incorrectly ! gave me the dpf leaflet and sent me on my way.24 hours later light came back on ,technician had told me if it came back on ignore it and they would sort at its next service in 2000 miles time.Yesterday car goes into limp mode called seat assistance and they sent aa ,as expected same prob car recovered to dealer ,now got the problem of no courtesy cars availble and only got hire car till tues 11 am as seat assistance only covers 3 calendar days,going on holiday on monday in uk for a week and can't ring seat customer service till 9 am mon morning any suggestions .

rayhpool

i was more wondering if anyone has had experience of seat customer services how helpful are they.

rayhpool

seat customer services

anyone dealt with these ,what was the outcome

robdf2

Yellow is the best
Feb 21, 2006
location , location
i was more wondering if anyone has had experience of seat customer services how helpful are they.

erm 1 word "not" do you know what dealership the car has gone to?
i would phone the manager up and complain and tell him to sort you a car or you will expect a good will gesture of a free service , this would cover the offset of hiring a car.

m0rk

sarcasm comes free
Staff member
May 19, 2001
Clanfield, UK
Telling you your driving it incorrectly is b**ll*cks.The car should not come with the dpf if thats the case.

Driving it properly means as per the manual.

It's one reason I won't ever buy a car with DPF... real world does not suit these filters.

For the OP.. Talk to your dealer, not SEAT about your car, and arranging further cover. The 3 days is your initial get you out of the mire fix, not "all you get"

Years ago people were in hire cars for months when Coilpacks were in short supply.

If the won't play ball, either Budget or Enterprise will be cheapest for basic transport. Keep your receipt.

saintsfanno1

Jan 24, 2008
Engine Management light is totally different to that of the DPF light....is it not??

My EM light came on last week, shortly followed by the DPF light.

Driving the car in 3rd at 50 mph and 2 and 1/2 thousand revs for 10 minutes or so sorted the DPF light and left me still with the engine managment light still on.

A trip to the dealers for an "Exhaust Gas Pressure Sensor" fitted whilst I waited, sorted that out......for the second time I add.

The dealer should stock this part and change it while you wait, not make you wait until service time???

rayhpool

car still in dealers well over a week now ,they have diagonosed its not the dpf ,they reckoned it was the wiring loom !,now they have had to contact seat technical services to try and find out what the problem is ,they know the turbo isnt boosting but don't know why,any thoughts! ps well sick now could be car less for another week,oh and seat customer services are no use either.

burnsy_b

FR 170 AKA THE CLANKS
Apr 25, 2009
LEEDS W YORKS
Engine Management light is totally different to that of the DPF light....is it not??

My EM light came on last week, shortly followed by the DPF light.

Driving the car in 3rd at 50 mph and 2 and 1/2 thousand revs for 10 minutes or so sorted the DPF light and left me still with the engine managment light still on.

A trip to the dealers for an "Exhaust Gas Pressure Sensor" fitted whilst I waited, sorted that out......for the second time I add.

The dealer should stock this part and change it while you wait, not make you wait until service time???
it is but you'll find half the time like your car did, your engine management light follows your DPF light almost always meaning your Exhaust Pressure Sensors nackered

robdf2

Yellow is the best
Feb 21, 2006
location , location
car still in dealers well over a week now ,they have diagonosed its not the dpf ,they reckoned it was the wiring loom !,now they have had to contact seat technical services to try and find out what the problem is ,they know the turbo isnt boosting but don't know why,any thoughts! ps well sick now could be car less for another week,oh and seat customer services are no use either.

thats nothing they had mine for 14 weeks ! and yes they are useless.

rayhpool

just thought i'd update sorry tale ,car now been in for 13 days technician gave me a look at it today looks like a box of lego (in bits),still no diagnosis of whats wrong even seat technical don't know ,they are now just checking everything in order which possibly may take 2 weeks ,finally got a hire car but only after some rather fraught conversations with all concerned ,quite fed up now and certainly the worst experience ive ever had with a car ,i think when this is all over it will be back to bmw for me .

Ralphyboy_2

I think i've got the same issue. Engine Management Light has come on (again), but no DPF light. VAG error code is 08194 (which now comes up that Particulate Bank 1 is underperforming - code P2002 or something). The car has suffered no performance blips or limp home mode (and I did 600 miles since the first time the code got reset).

Got my mate (independent garage) to again reset the code, as stealer said "drive it for 20-30 mins in high speed, low gear" or in their exact words "thrash the t*ts off it" and that didn;t work.

Mate is having a look tonight for more info and will be contacting seat tomorrow.

The seat service dept said if this doesn't work it'll cost me approx £250 to have them do the re-generation - as this is not covered by warranty! I've read elsewhere that to replace the filters can be £1000-1500! Car is little over a year old and has less than 10,000 miles on it. Crazy!

Will let you know how I get on...

rayhpool

day 20 and still no further forward,seriously considering contacting my local trading standards any taking legal advice.

robdf2

Yellow is the best
Feb 21, 2006
location , location
day 20 and still no further forward,seriously considering contacting my local trading standards any taking legal advice.

Where is your car?
is it at the dealers?
how old is the car?

if you car is at the dealers , this is what happens they work on your car then contact SEAT by email for help , SEAT reply then the stealers work a bit more then send emails ect ect.

all this takes time , so even your car has been there 20 days they might have only worked on it for a couple.
mine was at the stealers for 13 weeks ! , and perhaps did 1 weeks work on it.
i got it moved to another garage and it was fixed within 2 weeks.

give them a date to have the car fixed by eg 48 hours or so , then tell seat customer care you want the car moved to milton keynes to be fixed or supply you with an exchange vehicle , but be ready for greif and a fight because seat are useless , just stick by your guns.

rayhpool

thanks for that ,waiting for them to update me this afternoon then i will be deciding what to do next.

Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.