Leon MK 3 Tips and Tricks

slamka33

Dec 6, 2014
If your engine dies on the green light (too low throttle and quick release of the clutch), pressing clutch again will start engine again without need to use key..
Very good for women drivers. :):)

Ckpearce91

Feb 20, 2013
Milton Keynes
If your engine dies on the green light (too low throttle and quick release of the clutch), pressing clutch again will start engine again without need to use key..

Very good for women drivers. :):)

Happens to me sometimes from the slip of the clutch. I drive a 1.6tdi skoda for work and then on the weekends I get in my fr184 and forget the power difference and stall it haha

slamka33

Dec 6, 2014
Well, it happens to me sometimes as well, otherwise I would not know about this cool feature. :D
The same reason - switching cars..

martin j.

Feb 11, 2007
Fife
I got in the car tonight and found the lighting on the door panels had changed from white to red! seems SWMBO had changed from normal mode to sport, caught ya woman.

Jonwm

New to the MK2...
Jun 22, 2009
Tamworth
One thing I've noticed how so many people struggle to find where to input a postcode on the nav.

If you go to enter the Town name, at the bottom left of the keyboard is PTCD (I think) press this and you can enter the postcode.

Another thing is that you can change the keyboard from ABC to QWERTY. That's in the keyboard settings somewhere.

Thanks!! That was stressing me out lol

altea-ego

Dec 7, 2004
1) Holder for petrol cap while filling. Took me over 2 years to work this out, instead of letting it hang on the strap to get covered with drips of petrol when removing the nozzle.

2) Electric mirrors won't fold over 30 miles/hour, or sometimes when stopped!

Last edited:

dieselface

Jul 1, 2010
1) Holder for petrol cap while filling. Took me over 2 years to work this out, instead of letting it hand on the strap to get covered with drips of petrol when removing the nozzle.

2) Electric mirrors won't fold over 30 miles/hour, or sometimes when stopped!

Thanks for the petrol cap! Never realised in 3.5 years of mk3s :D

Brucey CUPRA

Oct 18, 2016
Co. Durham
Don't forget that if you lock the doors, and then press and hold the button (so 2 presses) again to fold the mirrors/close the windows you are also turning off the cars ultrasonic/microwave sensors....

Did not know this, this is how I've been locking the car.... well not any more. Thanks :thumbup:

65FR

Oct 23, 2016
Is there a button inside the car to fold mirrors in? 2015 FR with tech pack?

PM3

Aug 19, 2016
Hampshire
Everyone found the cubby holes under the drivers and passenger seat

I only have one 'cubby hole' under the driver's seat. Should I have one under the passenger as well?
My previous MKII Leon only had one under the passenger seat. :confused:

My car is a 2015 FR150TDi

mrratty

Aug 10, 2016
I only have one 'cubby hole' under the driver's seat. Should I have one under the passenger as well?
My previous MKII Leon only had one under the passenger seat. :confused:

My car is a 2015 FR150TDi

Might be that I have the cupra buckets with one each side

Ckpearce91

Feb 20, 2013
Milton Keynes
Depends on the age. The first ones came with one on both sides. My one has one under both seats but it's a 63 plate

Last edited:

TheVoice

Jun 11, 2016
Scotland
Turn the knob you use to adjust the mirrors. It also turn to a heated mirror setting.

This is probably one of the very few things I don't like; on my Mazda3 the heated mirrors were linked to the rear window demister. I always end up leaving the mirrors on my Leon on the heated setting without realising.

Last edited:

Eggy

Jun 3, 2016
Estonia
Today I discovered on my 6.5" media system plus that (at least) on BT I can skip songs by sliding finger on the screen from right to left or the other way...no need to find the small next/prev buttons on the screen :p

yellowcone87

Mar 9, 2014
Warwickshire
Today I discovered on my 6.5" media system plus that (at least) on BT I can skip songs by sliding finger on the screen from right to left or the other way...no need to find the small next/prev buttons on the screen :p

... Or you could just use the buttons on the steering wheel, and save yourself the hassle of touching the screen entirely. ;)

Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.