Leon Mk2 FR 170 - Eibach Springs

KJS

Feb 20, 2010
Northern Ireland
Hi Guys,

I got some eibach sportline springs fitted on thursday evening and was very impressed
with the lowerage :)

However I did notice the rear of the car sits a bit higher, I know the springs are settling down
but I am a bit concerned if they don't lol.

The car is sitting on 18 inch wheels.

What do you'll think the rear will settle down ok? Was thinking of putting some heavy suitcases in the rear :cartman:

yihw.jpg

Gracey

Apr 21, 2013
Lisburn, Northern Ireland
Are they the 30mm ones? I'm looking for springs for my Cupra but haven't decided what to go for yet, want to take a good bit of the arch gap away..
But back to your question I'm pretty sure they'll settle abit more but the rear is usually a slight bit higher than the front

Paulki

Jul 12, 2006
Enfield
My Eibach Pro's are a bit higher at the back, as are most springs so that when you have passengers and (or) luggage in the back it levels up rather than being lower than the front.

KJS

Feb 20, 2010
Northern Ireland
Are they the 30mm ones? I'm looking for springs for my Cupra but haven't decided what to go for yet, want to take a good bit of the arch gap away..
But back to your question I'm pretty sure they'll settle abit more but the rear is usually a slight bit higher than the front

Hi, yes they are the 50/30mm sportlines.

I have seen few Leons FR/Cupras on the form with different ride heights :confused:

Like here is a facelift FR on Eibach Sportlines, somehow I think the rear sits more lower lol

Leon1_zpsa3336386.jpg

Leon2_zps1959922b.jpg

Last edited:

KJS

Feb 20, 2010
Northern Ireland
My Eibach Pro's are a bit higher at the back, as are most springs so that when you have passengers and (or) luggage in the back it levels up rather than being lower than the front.

From what I read on the forum, Eibach Sportlines give a better lowerage then the Pro-Kit.

Have you a picture of your car?

KJS

Feb 20, 2010
Northern Ireland
Looking at Eibach springs myself to keep me ticking over until I get enough funds for some KW coilovers.

Are you happy with the ride?

Yeah man the ride is quite comfortable (although a bit bouncy) and the car handles very well around bends.

Just a bit concerned with the rear ride height on mine. Hopefully should settle down.

Last edited:

Paulki

Jul 12, 2006
Enfield
From what I read on the forum, Eibach Sportlines give a better lowerage then the Pro-Kit.

Have you a picture of your car?
Sportlines are lower than Pro's, (Sportline 40-50mm, Pro 25-35mm) my point was that most cars sit a bit higher at the back for the reason I mentioned.

This is just after the Pro's were fitted and like yours it's a bit higher at the back, but if I have any weight in the boot or passengers in the back it sits level. Also, the springs have settled slightly lower now.

KJS

Feb 20, 2010
Northern Ireland
Thanks Paulki for the picture.

Looking around on the forum it looks like the sportlines give a more nose down stance :)

Also should I give the springs a week to settle down before I get the alignment done?

Paulki

Jul 12, 2006
Enfield
I'm not sure if you need to wait, or even if you need to get a 4 wheel alignment when only the springs are changed? I had springs and shocks fitted and they did a 4 wheel laser alignment as part of the installation.

Did the place that fitted your springs say it will need alignment?

KJS

Feb 20, 2010
Northern Ireland
Cheers mate. Loving your motor :)

Here is mine, now washed ;) but still think the rear sits a bit high. Measured it lastnight and is about a centimeter higher at the back compared to the front.

I am hoping the rear springs will settled a bit more at the back.

ayxg.jpg

Gracey

Apr 21, 2013
Lisburn, Northern Ireland
Cheers mate. Loving your motor :)

Here is mine, now washed ;) but still think the rear sits a bit high. Measured it lastnight and is about a centimeter higher at the back compared to the front.

I am hoping the rear springs will settled a bit more at the back.

ayxg.jpg

Looking good! Think ill go for them and a set of spacers :) where did you find best price btw?

KJS

Feb 20, 2010
Northern Ireland
Looks nice but don't think it will get much lower from the pic I gave up and have ordered coilovers as I want it a tiny bit lower

Yeah looks like it. I am pleased with the front but the rear is annoying me lolz.

I was looking at your thread and looks like your rears was same height as mine.

I am gonna stick two hevey suitcase in the rear to see if it makes difference :cartman:

Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.