Leon Mk3 Preview

Hi,

For anybody itching to see the new Leon we will have one in our showroom (a left hand drive model) next Wednesday 16th January for selected customers to view so of course that invitation naturally goes out to all SCN members.

We will only have the car from 12 noon until close of business the same day but we will be staying open until late so please pop in if you fancy getting "hands on" with what I think is a stunning car, and yes I have driven a couple so I know how good they are:D

For those of you who haven't been to us before just Google "David Cook Motors"

Last edited:

jc_boc

Missing the CUPRA R!
Jul 18, 2008
Desborough
If you do make sure you order it with the Technology pack which includes the LED headlights and the satnav, there's an offer on whereby you can get both for £500 instead of the RRP of £1700ish. The LEDs are dead cool.

I thought the tech pack was just under 1100 quid according to the configurator. Still getting it at £500.00 is an absolute steal and anyone would be a fool not to jump all over that.

Just been and had a look at stoneacre Peterborough, they have a Metallic White SE model.

Impressions are ... Very nice, the styling is still leon, the inside is a vast improvement, the look and feel is so much better. There is a great range of adjustment in the seats and in the reach of the steering wheel so you can pull the wheel much closer to you. There doesn't appear to be a reflection in the screen from the dash board like in the MK2 and everything just feels so much nicer. The door panels feel nicer to the touch, the nav unit looks good and responds well.

I don't know how it will compare to the new Golf, i've seen the outside of the Mk7 and it looks soooo dull, no idea what the touchy feely of the insides is like yet but will get a demo soon. I've got my name on the demo list for the Mk3 Leon so hopefully early March I would have had chance to try one.

Would i buy one, well that depends on how it drives but based on looks and Interior feel, Yes i would.

I'm sure they are all left hookers, I know the one that our local fleet rep was driving was. It really is a step on. I can only think that the next Cupra will be a great car, not sure i'd spend 26k + on one but as a used buy they will be stonking value.

If the SC has the look of a bigger Ibiza then i think that might be the perfect car, a little 1.4 TSi FR in Grey or blue (seen it on the new Toledo) with Technology pack and winter pack would be all i need. I'd love the power of the new cupra but think i could do with a break from 26mpg

Beddie

Feb 2, 2004
Cheshire
Visit site
There's a red LHD 1.4FR currently in the Lookers Seat Stockport dealer, just been to have a look and I'm very impressed tbh, looks and feels great and the LED light package is ace! :)

Beddie

Feb 2, 2004
Cheshire
Visit site
That particular FR had the leatherette bolsters and alcantara centres and whilst they look very nice I have to admit they feel a little narrow and not as naturally comfortable as the Golf SE seats I tried at the weekend..
Seriously tempted with either an SE or FR 1.4tsi as a new broomstick for Mrs Beddie though :)

Rob66

Apr 25, 2004
UK
I thought the tech pack was just under 1100 quid according to the configurator. Still getting it at £500.00 is an absolute steal and anyone would be a fool not to jump all over that.

I agree with you.....Looks like SEAT have got their sums wrong somewhere, as it quotes:

LEDS = £995

Techno Pack = £1075 inc LED, Nav and DAB

£500 is still a bargain :D but thats a £575 saving rather than £1000 saving :p

Last edited:

jc_boc

Missing the CUPRA R!
Jul 18, 2008
Desborough
I agree with you.....Looks like SEAT have got their sums wrong somewhere, as it quotes:

LEDS = £995

Techno Pack = £1075 inc LED, Nav and DAB

£500 is still a bargain :D but thats a £575 saving rather than £1000 saving :p

Don't think they got it wrong just shows the mark up on the lights lol.

Jarre

Dec 9, 2011
Stockton-On-Tees
There's a red LHD 1.4FR currently in the Lookers Seat Stockport dealer, just been to have a look and I'm very impressed tbh, looks and feels great and the LED light package is ace! :)

It that still there or on the tour?

The more pictures I see of the mk3 the more I like it!

Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.