Leon mk3?

Syphon

Site Owner
Staff member
Feb 28, 2002
South West
www.seatcupra.net
It's a five door car in the family segment. Of course it's going to be pitched at families. The reference to the sport mode means "Dad" can still have a bit of fun. As we know the FR is now a trim.

This is not a Cupra ad ;)

Scott

Ashworth

Feb 2, 2010
Nottinghamshire
I currently have a FL Leon Fr Tdi 2.0 which I love and was thinking of changing for a new one in February when it is 3 years old. I have decided now to have an MOT and keep it a few more months before going for Mk 3 Leon FR later next year.

Unlike lots of people here I don't actually want a Cupra and for my needs I am very happy with a FR. I do have to park a couple of times a week in a rather dodgy inner city area and so feel happier leaving a more understated model!

I'm not going to even think abouit putting in an order until I've read some reviews of test drives etc and can make my mind up between the 1.8 tsi and the 2.0 tdi. Anyone have any idea whcih of the two will probably be the most fun to drive. I love my current 2.0 170hp tdi and so the thoughts of a little extra power with the new tdi with 184hp does sound good.

Last edited:

Redemption

Jun 18, 2011
Hampshire
I currently have a FL Leon Fr Tdi 2.0 which I love and was thinking of changing for a new one in February when it is 3 years old. I have decided now to have an MOT and keep it a few more months before going for Mk 3 Leon FR later next year.

Unlike lots of people here I don't actually want a Cupra and for my needs I am very happy with a FR. I do have to park a couple of times a week in a rather dodgy inner city area and so feel happier leaving a more understated model!

I'm not going to even think abouit putting in an order until I've read some reviews of test drives etc and can make my mind up between the 1.8 tsi and the 2.0 tdi. Anyone have any idea whcih of the two will probably be the most fun to drive. I love my current 2.0 170hp tdi and so the thoughts of a little extra power with the new tdi with 184hp does sound good.

Unfortunately the Seat UK site is only listing 150PS for the 2.0 TDI so either it's a typo or the more powerful version is coming at a later date.

http://www.seat.co.uk/content/uk/brand/en/models/new-leon/engine.html

Redemption

Jun 18, 2011
Hampshire
They probably realised the UK list price for a 184bhp Leon was astronomical & unsaleable...

Shame. Mind you, no DSG for that engine (as yet) so that takes it straight off my radar. 1.8TSI DSG is the only one I'd be interested in from the current proposed line-up.

Redemption

Jun 18, 2011
Hampshire
I hope they do a Leon with the new gti engine as that's only 140g co2 so that might be worth a look in but knowing seat it'll be without dsg

Be interesting to see what the hot Leons end up with under their bonnets. At this stage I can't realistically see myself in a MK3 Leon. Time will tell, but at the mo I want a Golf R as my next motor.

Last edited:

knoted

Oct 23, 2012
Hmmm... I might slowly be warming up to the mk3 Leon, after my initial dislike.

Still...in terms of basic design lines, I still like the mk2 Leon better.
For the mk3 to look good to me, it would have to feature those 18" wheels in black ( the ones with the revolving Y's ), lowered suspension and black mirror casings.

We'll see... I'm not in any hurry.

Ol' Timer

Jun 20, 2004
Norfolk
Looking at the brochure I have noticed one little detail in the interior. The bottom edge of the driver's side and offside centre air vents have an extra little curve upwards at the end. This echoes the top corners of the radiator grille. I quite like that.

Ashworth

Feb 2, 2010
Nottinghamshire
1.8TSi and anything DSG powered won't be delivered until the end of march ..... and i like th bright green :)

So to come back to my original question....
Do people think the 1.8 Tsi will be a fun car to drive with or without DSG or would I still be better waiting for the 2.0 Tdi 184.

knoted

Oct 23, 2012
D@mn... I made some mk3 photoshops to make it look better to my taste... but I can't post it yet with less than 15 posts here.

I guess there's no way to circumvent that eh ?

Al

Aug 29, 2005
Get some worthwhile posts up and get them linked on here!

Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.