Leon modifications

Websta

Apr 12, 2011
square front number plate!!!

Square number plate!! Mine came with it delivered!!

32546910150522779391893.jpg
By websta24 at 2012-01-24[/IMG]

Last edited:

Fishy

May 16, 2005
He's never mentioned his insurance so don't jump to conclusions mate!!!

Betty :handbags:, I'm not jumping to conclusions at all, but as a new driver he might not have been aware that anything that changes should be informed to the insurance company. There are some companies that if you even deviate away from the OE recommended tyres they will void the policy!

Fish

betty_swollox

Richie
Feb 15, 2011
Washington
Betty :handbags:, I'm not jumping to conclusions at all, but as a new driver he might not have been aware that anything that changes should be informed to the insurance company. There are some companies that if you even deviate away from the OE recommended tyres they will void the policy!

Fish

Calm down mate ;) lol

Last edited:

basemanuk

scooby to leon
Sep 30, 2008
chelmsford
the insurance company are aware that my wheels have changed to alloys instead of the original steel rims. If/when I make changes the insurer will be made aware of them! :)

Hopefully I won't have a crash, or no one will crash into me and then blame me, as i am only 17! My premium was £3550, thats with voluntary excess at full, as well as the compulsary, so an excess of £1200! :(

ouch!!!!! im so glad im not a young new driver any more. My first car was a 1.3 metro and that was £1200 fully comp. (and that was alot) Oh the days

Jarre

Dec 9, 2011
Stockton-On-Tees
I have bought some red calliper paint from halfords to paint when the weaher gets nicer, thought it would be a good look!

Also have considered lowering, but how much will it cost for springs and fitting?

I have also thought about maybe having some front fog lights? I think it makes the car look a little more aggresive as well as being a safety feature. Are they easy to retro fit, if anyone has done it please advise.

AndyG_TSi

Nov 1, 2011
East Manchester
I think the following would be sensible as wont affect your insurance, but would improve the 'looks'

Fit the HEKO wind deflectors (full set of 4)

change the wing mirror covers (either the silver FR ones or go for chrome ones to match the front grill)

fit the honeycombe front grill insert (it fits behind the original slatted gril) - there is a sticky thread in the most Q's section about this

Mud flaps all round

other than that, upgrade the speakers for your tuneage! - again there is a sticky thread on how to do it.

Nice car!

bigbadjay

Jul 16, 2011
North Manchester
Omg you need mudflaps in your life! They keep the car clean an make it look wider at the bottom half of the car and lower at the back! (Lowest point of the back end!)

bigbadjay

Jul 16, 2011
North Manchester
mudflap.jpg

you get the jist of it. funtion aswell as asthetics!

got no side pics on laptop soz

edit- theres one on post num 5 its my avatar pic. black and chrome black and chome black and chrome

Last edited:

McDubber1

Jun 29, 2007
East Lothian
In my opinion i'd leave the wind deflectors and chrome mirrors alone. I've got mudflaps on mine which do look not bad but i would'nt say go rush out and buy a set.

As for lowering springs you can't go far wrong with a set of Eibach Sportlines which will cost you around £140. The rears you could fit yourself very easily the fronts would cost you maybe 1 to 2 hours labour.

Foglights would be a nice touch but i have no experience of cost or fitting.

Just my opinion mind.

Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members