Leon ST CUPRA Carbon Edition

Scrogg

Living life only a short bus ride from the edge...
Dec 31, 2017
So, who is going to be one of people lucky enough to get their hands on one of the 45 cars allocated to the UK?

Priced at £35,575 this special edition gains the following over a standard Leon ST 2.0 TSI 300 DSG-auto 4Drive CUPRA:

Carbon Fibre Front & Rear Diffusers
Carbon Fibre Side Blades
CUPRA Bucket Seats
Exclusive 19" Black Alloy Wheels
High Performance Brembo Brakes
Quad Exhaust

They are going to be 'first-come, first-served' (just like last years' CUPRA R) and ordering will be opening "very soon" according to SEAT UK this morning.

More details once they are published, but apparently the cars will be available in Q3, so you could be driving one by the end of September!

Form an orderly queue chaps...

Last edited:
Reactions: DJ_Eatch

Maypack

Ambassador for Cumberland Sausage
Apr 20, 2014
Gods Country - West Cumbria
Spoke to my local dealer yesterday and he said all SEAT dealers that become Cupra centres will get one of each Cupra for showroom and test drive purposes only. They will not be able to sell the showroom model, they are there to make sure a Cupra is available for test drives as usually there are none available.

Don’t think that will include the R models though.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

DJ_Eatch

Mar 8, 2010
Nottingham
I'd love to see a comparison of how this stacks up against the CUPRA ST R. Mainly in terms of availability, dates, price, additional feature etc. I'm guessing there aren't enough details about the R to do this yet, just speculation :)
Personally i'm torn between a carbon now, or an R later... PCP runs out in November.... :-s

Syphon

Site Owner
Staff member
Feb 28, 2002
South West
www.seatcupra.net
Basically, yes. Although using the 'Carbon Edition' name leaves the door open for doing something next year to mark the end of the current Mk3 CUPRA...
I think that would just pee people off as the price sounds similar. Sure they haven't decided to drop the R badging? The R in Barcelona didn't have the flared arches and sounds exactly as described.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

Scrogg

Living life only a short bus ride from the edge...
Dec 31, 2017
This is all we were shown on the day...
5CE05D94-CF23-4CC1-A6B8-E6F4E8548C0B.jpeg

Damo H

Remind me, what's an indicator?
Staff member
Oct 3, 2012
Car Length In Front
Not sure they can make a final more powerful ‘R’ model at the end of the Mark 3’s life, what with the issues they’re having on emissions.

AndrewJB

Friend to SEAT UK & Cupra Racing
Aug 16, 2007
Maranello
The MK3 Cupra has been watered down and down far too many editions of it. sign of things to come as well I'm afraid.

Blowski

Cupra 280 DSG
Mar 23, 2018
Anyone fancy lending me £33k??... all I need is a payment free period of about 5 years, give or take

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.