Leon ST thule roof bars issue

dsj20v

Dec 6, 2007
hampshire
Hi all I'm after ideally someone who has a leon st fitted with the thule aerobars/wingbars that can help out. I have a 17plate cupra ST and I've also just bought some thule aerobars, now they are correct fitment and fit a treat HOWEVER on the roof rails on the car they have the 2 holes (×4) that the foot pack locate onto then just a case of doing up Allen bolt, but the foot pack clamps are smooth and have no pins to locate into said holes. So basically I can fit thule bars but it's a faf as you can't get both perfectly lined up and although clamp is tight as there are no locating pins there's nothing to prevent with the weight of bikes on the aerobars slipping forward, I've also ordered new fitting kit thule4015 as they are for leon st but when checked these have no locating pins either, cheers all

ben4012

Sep 20, 2016
I've got a Thule 753/4015/961 set up. It is rock solid and lives on the car all the time. Bike racks, ladders, paddleboards etc at various distance/speed with no issue. Bolted on hand-tight.

My front bar is clamped over the indents and the rear is further back, as far forward as the front is back, for aesthetics and to give space for a 12' board.

dsj20v

Dec 6, 2007
hampshire
That's the thing, it tightens up and feels very secure by hand but don't like the idea of 75kg of bikes on it, thing is if you get direct from seat there kits have locating pins well at least ateca ones have

ben4012

Sep 20, 2016
That's the thing, it tightens up and feels very secure by hand but don't like the idea of 75kg of bikes on it, thing is if you get direct from seat there kits have locating pins well at least ateca ones have
How big are your bikes!? It's fine in practice and has the crash test certification. I'm someone who has the set up you describe and it does not move. I'll stop wasting my time.

Deleted member 92098

They revised the bars last year to the thule ones.

The previous/original version lined up to the holes in the rails. Later ones just made it symmetrical.

Thule ones seem to be better as the original version fitted but it was a bit 'too' closer fit and tended to shave the locating pins when locating into the rails.

Cheers

Mike

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise