leon tdi 110

tdi31

Dec 1, 2009
if your journey to work is only 10 mins then i doubt if the gauge would move anyway. my car takes about ten mins to even start heating up.

Hi ucchockey thanks for reply. Its working now it was the fact I had no thermostat in the car :wtf: installed this and now temp gauge is working fine it starts to move after about 5 miles or so all time then will eventually hold at 90 degrees after about 10min of driving [B)]

so word of advice anyone with a water temp gauge that doesn't work check you have a thermostat! :whistle:

leonrob

allways inovating
Jan 5, 2010
if your journey to work is only 10 mins then i doubt if the gauge would move anyway. my car takes about ten mins to even start heating up.

mine takes around 10 mins to move aswell its just because the tdi engine is pretty eficient
btw mines a 110 tdi from 2000

Dajmin

When we go shopping (the store is about 15-20 mins away) it's not until the return journey that my temp needle starts to move. Has never made it up to normal operating temperature before we get home.

RX8

Mar 27, 2010
Devon
Been searching the forum and found this topic which sounds exactly like what i have about the temperature gauge not working sometimes .

Is there any diy's or photo's on how to change the thermostat on a 1.9 110 tdi

Cheers.

Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.