UncleFester

Grumpier by the day!
Apr 30, 2006
Milton Keynes
www.facebook.com
I'm not sure I want to disclose that information, Pat. ;)

They're wired up and working, but not on the car yet. I'm waiting for a part to arrive so I can do that and the lights while the bumper is off.

And I think I should get some more sealant on them. I used black sanitary silicon, what did you use?

And on top of this, I'm not sure they'll end up on the car. Sine December I've lurked around at seat-leon.de and Patrick/schmpa on there has some new lights I wanna try, but not sure about the HID compability. Now our master Donald (RobDon) has bought a set, so I'm waiting for his verdict.

But good thing is, I probably now know how I should HID them. :lol:

Are tbese the 'smoked' non projector lights with angel eyes?

xd-data-ii

Mar 15, 2007
San Diego
For the passenger side HID ballast I put mine using the double sticky backed pad on the bottom of the encasing for the lights (not inside the bulb access cover of course). The cover you first take off then covers it. Fits perfect.
I am just wondering why noone else seems to have done this and are having issues finding somewhere for it.
Any problems i am not realising by putting the ballast there?

dmmsta

Sold car - bought bike
Feb 10, 2007
Maidstone - Kent
For the passenger side HID ballast I put mine using the double sticky backed pad on the bottom of the encasing for the lights (not inside the bulb access cover of course). The cover you first take off then covers it. Fits perfect.
I am just wondering why noone else seems to have done this and are having issues finding somewhere for it.
Any problems i am not realising by putting the ballast there?

To quote Michael Jackson .. "You are not alone"

Thats were I put both of mine (hi/low beam's done).

Does make sense as the space there is almost designed for them. I used No More Nails to fix mine, and all is good 14months later!

synchro

hey
which colour/grade of HID would u recommend?
i want to minimize the blinding of cars as much as possible

thanks
ed

dmmsta

Sold car - bought bike
Feb 10, 2007
Maidstone - Kent
I've run 4300K & 5000K. The 4300K are almost the same colour as std bulbs, just brighter. The 5000K bulbs have a nice crisp white colour, without being overly blue.

LEE69

Stage 2 Revo'd
Dec 10, 2004
C\UK\Devon\Torquay
I used to use 8000k but they gave off a blue tinge to road signs and the like, so i changed to 6000k recently, far whiter, with hardly any blue at all.

dmmsta

Sold car - bought bike
Feb 10, 2007
Maidstone - Kent
I wasn't keen on 6000k, thought they were still too blue...but it is individual preference.

I know it sounds silly, but there was a big difference between 5000k & 6000k

blighty

Are they easy to fit?

Dead easy! It took me about 45minutes (30 for first side and 15mins second side!) and I am no mechanic! It's all pretty self explanatory once you see the kit. Just make sure you have a drill and a 25mm screw bit (wood spade bit prob do fine). Always always test the kit before you install it so you don't have to take them apart if there is a fault!

Do the kits come with some sort of template as to where to cut the hole required?

LEE69

Stage 2 Revo'd
Dec 10, 2004
C\UK\Devon\Torquay
No, just cut it in-line with the dipped bulb you are replacing, although someone did cut that rubber seal off, and made a tiny cut out for the wires to go to the ballast, rather than have a 25mm hole :)

blighty

No, just cut it in-line with the dipped bulb you are replacing,

Sorry i maybe being a little dumb here but how can you line up where the existing bulb is if the cover is on with no access to see where the bulb is in relation to where the centre of the whole needs to be cut?

Im just a little concerned that i'll cut in the wrong place, and leave a gaping whole somewhere it shouldnt be! lol! knowing my luck!

Sorry!

Darren

Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.