dmmsta

Sold car - bought bike
Feb 10, 2007
Maidstone - Kent
Sorry i maybe being a little dumb here but how can you line up where the existing bulb is if the cover is on with no access to see where the bulb is in relation to where the centre of the whole needs to be cut?

Im just a little concerned that i'll cut in the wrong place, and leave a gaping whole somewhere it shouldnt be! lol! knowing my luck!

Sorry!

Darren

As above it doesn't need to be perfectly in line, just makes life easier when fitting if it's roughly in the same place...

skijacklam

i just fitted some hids but they are causing alot of glare. just wondering if replacing the reflector to a projector type headlamp will help reduce glare from the hid?

skijacklam

i was thinking if these projector angel lights from deviantstyling would reduce glare significantly?

skijacklam

my lights look about the same with the reflector type headlight unit, with a clear light cut off point. however there is still light going out of the clear cut of point which is causing alot of glare. does anyone know if the projector type headlight unit help reduce this glare significantly?

skijacklam

i have took it to the MOT station to get it correctly adjusted. still causes glare

skijacklam

i know. what i am saying is if i changed the headlight unit to a projector one. would that reduce the glare if i was using HID bulbs?

olliep

Wants a mk2 GTI
Oct 3, 2005
Winchester
can someone please clarify for me the law and regulations on headlights please. seen some MTEC bulbs that seem to be well reputed. So whats 'legal' when it comes to 'blueish' lights. Is it just based on the power output? and if so what is it? these claim to be 12v 55w phrased as 'Consumes 55w - Produces 100watts '. And are led sidelights legal? any specific markings to be aware of etc etc etc... much appreciated. ta

dent

Apr 18, 2009
projectors/HID

Read all these posts before orderind projectors for HID bulbs.Perfectly possible to modify these lamps without taking them apart and without getting swarf in them.Talk to your local friendly dentist,he will have all the relevant tools.Takes all of twenty minutes with Ultra projectors and HID4U bulbs.May be different for other combinations of bulbs and lamps but same methods will apply.Looks OEM when finished

Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.