cheekyboy_123

Sorry to drudge this up again guys - but fitted my 6000k HID's over the weekend..

WOW- what a difference. This is definatley a must have cosmetic mod...And for some £68 - bargain!

Fitting took about a hr..Used Robs guide. Only tricky bit is finding a home for the ballasts..What i decided to do was use that number plate fixing pads which seems to be doing a good job hold the ballasts in place..May use some duct tape at some put to ensure a firm hold..

Haven't had the lights checked for alignment yet, although nobody has flashed me yet - which is a good sign,,

edmong

GHE Tuning
Aug 15, 2007
Plymouth, Devon
Vosa

I work as a vehicle examiner within VOSA and keep an eye on the MOT garages. I basicly look after the MOT scheme on behalf of the Secretary For State. With regards to the 'pass/fail' criteria for HID headlight aim at test I can give you a difinitive answer.

As long as the level of the light is at the correct hight and the cut off/break point is going the right way (to the left) then it will pass this part of the MOT.

There is no fail criteria as yet in the testing manual and there is no requiremnts for ant auto levelling.

If you have any questions regarding any part of the MOT don't hesitate to contact me at [email protected].

If I dont know an answer (which I probably will!) I will find out.

Hope this helps :funk:

Fitted my kit on Friday along with some of the quad LED sidelight bulbs. They were an absolute piece of pi$$ to fit and i hid both of the ballasts so you wouldn't know the difference when looking in the engine bay. The lights have made a huge difference and i don't think i will ever have a car again without HID's. Great guide by the way.

J@mes

e46psi.com ;-)
Jun 14, 2004
my HID fogs... http://www.seatcupra.net/forums/showthread.php?t=140228

DSC09886.jpg

Hi mate,
I fitted the ballast behind the washer bottle, there's a bit of metal that comes up behind the washer bottle which i drilled a hole into and fitted the ballast behind that in the wing. The washer bottle is easy to take out, just a couple of bolts.
Hope this helps
Rich

v-g

is an alien.
Mar 10, 2004
Nowhere near, i.e. Norway.
Hi mate,
I fitted the ballast behind the washer bottle, there's a bit of metal that comes up behind the washer bottle which i drilled a hole into and fitted the ballast behind that in the wing. The washer bottle is easy to take out, just a couple of bolts.
Hope this helps
Rich

Thank you! I'll have to check out that space.

v-g

is an alien.
Mar 10, 2004
Nowhere near, i.e. Norway.
Got my HID kit today. They're made by Germanic Technology.
I love the English on the box and in the instructions! :lol:
It's hard to believe Hong Kong was British at some time. I would've thought they'd be better at English.

dmmsta

Sold car - bought bike
Feb 10, 2007
Maidstone - Kent
Someone is probably going to say that this is in the wrong place, but it seemed like the most sensible in light of the contents...

Anyway, couple of weeks ago, ordered another HID kit from MYDEPOTS.COM ready for the arrival of the other half's new car, usual price (~£50) and the 10 day wait for the journey of the kit from China.

So it arrives and to my horror it turns out they've sent H1's instead of the requested H7's.

Check my invoice to make sure that I did order H7's, and then a email off to their support contact.

They play the "we're sure we sent H7's, can you photo the kit & mail us back" line, which isn't a problem, and send off the pic's.

Once they realise the **** up, they are sweet as a nut about the whole thing, they're sending me a new set of bulbs (as the rest of the kit is fine) free of charge, and have told me just to keep hold of the H1 bulbs that were sent in error in the 1st place.

Very nice people, and bar the slight wait time on orders due to coming half way round the world a top notch product...can't recommend them enough.

If you're thinking about HID's I'd strongly urge you to think about MYDEPOTS over the cheaper eBay options, you may pay a little more for the product but with customer service like that it's WELL worth it!!

Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.