Leon Tourer - Seat Comfort

cxi2001

Nov 18, 2018
South Coast
Hello All,
I've just bought a Seat Leon Tourer (1.6 - 2015) having got rid of my trusty but tatty Audi A3.
Love the car but one huge problem - the drivers seat really hurts my back, not just uncomfortable, but on the verge of putting it out. Has anyone else suffered this, and tried any remedies ? Support cushions, neck supports, or even new seats ? Even after half an hour i can feel the pain developing in my lower back and legs (it doesn't help that i'm 6ft 4) Can't believe the difference in the comfort of a 2006 Audi A3 and a three year old Seat !

Nick

thecalstanley

Sep 21, 2017
Manchester, UK
I'm over 6ft and have the same issues at you, nightmare to get the seat in the right position. I've found if you move the seat into a higher up position, it seems to be better than having it lower down. Clutch travel doesn't seem to help either as I'm not able to have the seat as far back as I'd like due to the clutch travel

Mr Pig

Jun 17, 2015
I find the seats themselves, in both the Leon and Ibiza, comfortable enough but the pedals are too close making it hard to find a good driving position. It's not the worst I've had, yeah Corsa I'm looking at you, but it's not great. It's a shame when details like this spoil an otherwise good car.

Cupra Belfast

Jun 11, 2016
Hello All,
I've just bought a Seat Leon Tourer (1.6 - 2015) having got rid of my trusty but tatty Audi A3.
Love the car but one huge problem - the drivers seat really hurts my back, not just uncomfortable, but on the verge of putting it out. Has anyone else suffered this, and tried any remedies ? Support cushions, neck supports, or even new seats ? Even after half an hour i can feel the pain developing in my lower back and legs (it doesn't help that i'm 6ft 4) Can't believe the difference in the comfort of a 2006 Audi A3 and a three year old Seat !

Nick
The seat in my Cupra ST actually soothes my back. I've three knackered (technical term lol) discs at the bottom and 6 dehydrated or partially dehydrated thoracic discs. Literally sometimes it's the only seat I can find comfort in.

Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members