Leon Type R following a GREY mini /Cheshire

Shytot

Jul 4, 2005
Hey guys

I own a MKIII Ibiza but was exploring Cheshire on Saturday in my mates GTT mini & a black 53/03 Leon joined us for a couple of miles for some fun I presume !! Just wondering if you are on here. [B)]

SuperCupraIbiza

Joderel

Hi,

Yes, I was out in my black CupraR following a MINI with a loud exhaust note. Damn he was fast, lost me on the corners too. Do you know what BHP he has?

:shrug:

Mick.

Shytot

Jul 4, 2005
Power is good, @ least 260bhp :clap: . One of 5 in the Uk. Awesome machine. Handling is unbeatable

SuperCupraIbiza

Wow - superb !

:wtf:

I am running about 270bhp with my chip. My gf has an ibiza, I have the Leon.
I was totally red lining it in every gear to keep up.

I will look out for him again !!

[:@]

Good work though, and superb braking too !!

What did you think of the ride?

Mick.

SuperCupraIbiza

Yes and No

power to weight ratio and torque may of had something to do with it.

There was only me in the Leon, and there were two of them in the MINI. The driver looked quite big too.

How much does the MINI weigh? The Leon weighs around 1300.

Mick.

Shytot

Jul 4, 2005
Hi Mick, I would have hoped you were redlining because we werent exactly cruising either lol. We like the Leon alot. I love it . The weight is about the same . We would be happy to meet up as I have a chipped Ibiza and its all good fun. My mate hasn't turned off the TCS or ESP yet whilst battling . When we are by ourselves and can mess, 1st and 2nd gear wheelspins , surfs, rips and tears all the way to the red line. Its hilarious

PS "The driver looked quite big too " MAUHAUHUAHHUAHHA

Last edited:

Shytot

Jul 4, 2005
Well , in my world its a 2.0 20vVT. Pretty bloody good mix ! Yum

So.... Its not a type R then , just R? Sh*t my bad

Shytot

Jul 4, 2005
its not a 2litre either

Ben :

What I like is you think you've spotted something but infact youve missed everything, what do you think the BIG V was for.:p

Are there 2 V's on the back of your Leon ? THINK > SPEAK

LCR + CTR = 2.0 20vVT

:doh:

bentaw

Revo'd LCR
Oct 1, 2004
Hampshire
yeah my bad i thought that as i was posting it but couldnt make heads or tails of your post but still its a cupra r and you got that wrong which is easier to understand than your post

SuperCupraIbiza

Revo

Hey Mick

Is your Type R REVo'D or is it custom code?

Hi Shytot.

It is Revo, stage 2. So have the 4bar fuel pressure reg. and modified cai and exhaust.

No need to argue everybody, we are on here for the good of motorsport, not handbags:p - these two guys in the MINI were nice enough to wave out the window as they sped off :cry:

Still trying to work out why i couldn't keep up.

What is your rev range, what other hardware modifications have you made to the car?

Have you made any mechanical changes to the engine? Is it chipped?

Mick.

Shytot

Jul 4, 2005
Mick, I am glad you asked . As I think I mentioned in an earlier thread the mini has sooooo many mods its unreal. FAS, Snoot boots [B)] for example, Supercharger pulley, large top mount IC, Uprated cam, bigger throttle body, sports manifold, full milltek, struts, CAI,massive AP's, custom map but to name a few, I think there are around 80 in all. You have 5 or so in that BEAST hence the difference . the racing clutch and shortshifter is about to go in as well.:D
One of my fave mods attached

http://img183.imageshack.us/my.php?image=gttmiddlestrutdv5.jpg
:wtf:

Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members