less than 1 month old....

Dudders07

Nov 5, 2013
Got myself some door defenders from cmgdistributions.co.uk. They are brilliant. Since using them I've had no more dinks.

Taff

Jun 10, 2002
South Wales
Never seen these before and didn't know they existed. Do you keep these in the boot and attach on the doors once parked on both sides?

I presume these attach with magnetic pads?

Sent from my RM-821_eu_euro1_276 using Tapatalk

AndyN

Feb 7, 2014
Fifty quid for a pool noodle with some magnetic tape on the back?! I could make one of them for about £1.50!!!

Dudders07

Nov 5, 2013
They just attach by using magnets. Keep them in the boot when not in use..
Thought about making my own with hard foam and magnetic strips.

AndyN

Feb 7, 2014
That's what I mean, they are literally pool noodles with magnetic tape attached. It'd cost you less than 10% of that to make your own.

red line fun

May 24, 2004
Scotland
two, no three things to say:

1. it happened to me x years back when i got new mk1 in plat grey. few days old, keyed along rear panel but thankfully only very lightly. to this day i suspect a neighbour who used to do things like park his 15 year old piece of sh1t and then edge closer and closer to my car all the time looking up at his flat window laughing, i'm assuming to his gf. thankfully they moved and i'm now away from there as well. so i share your pain.

2. are bumpers not sometimes ever so slightly different colour wise if you look really closely? something to do with metal and plastics taking the paint differently? maybe talking complete cack :whistle:

3. no no NO, don't say nasty things about whoever did this, naughty people all of you! they need cuddled, their sob story needs listened to, they don't need punished they need understood, it's not their fault you know [B)]

Pgcreature

Oct 7, 2013
Surrey
That's so nasty... There's some really jealous f***s out there. I hope you get it fixed really soon 100%. Don't let it spoil your excitement of owning this great car

Stonesie

Apr 28, 2012
Doncaster
They just attach by using magnets. Keep them in the boot when not in use..
Thought about making my own with hard foam and magnetic strips.

My main issue with things like this is that the door and magnet have to be totally grit free and the magnets cant slide across the paint or it could make a bigger mess than a slight ding. I can still clearly see where that magnetic for sale sign was dragged across the roof of dads Punto by a clueless salesman when he bought it.